Organizing regional 5v5 CSGO LAN. Any tips?

Hey guys,

I'm organizing a 5v5 CSGO LAN tournament in New Delhi, India. Expected number of participants will be around 20 teams. I have 1.5 days to get the event over with. Any ideas or suggestions you might have about how to go about it? 

you should supply the harddrives for the computers at a minimum to make sure there are no scripts and so on

you should manage the network

high quality network gear

make sure you have a functioning bracket system

play a test tournament or two

make sure to stream it for those that couldent come

check ALL periferals that are brought for anything that could have a script / hacks

all depends on how high profile you want to go but that should be the basics

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

17 hours ago, a-jain said:

Hey guys,

I'm organizing a 5v5 CSGO LAN tournament in New Delhi, India. Expected number of participants will be around 20 teams. I have 1.5 days to get the event over with. Any ideas or suggestions you might have about how to go about it? 

If there is a prize you better pay it out to the winner haha. I can't remember which lan it was, but there was a pretty popular lan with some of the biggest teams, but there were a ton of issues; one being that they didn't pay the winners the prize money for a long time and therefor got a terrible rep.

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

Do you want it to be only bracket or first groups and then bracket? You could do it with DE where top2 from 2 5 team groups goes to upper, bottom 2 go to first round of lower side and middle team goes to 2nd round of lower side. It would be 20 matches (bo1) for groups, 4 bo3 for upper bracket, 4 or 5 bo1 for lower bracket and 1 or 2 bo3 for lower bracket. Total of 30 matches and max 42 maps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv