350gb HDD, looking to stick a second operating system on it

Colbertross

What do you recommend?

Was thinking OSX?

Something just to fuck around with but could be useful.

What do you recommend? Was thinking OSX? Something just to fuck around with but could be useful.

You should try Ubuntu

What do you recommend?

Backtrack 5 is quite fun.

You should get an SSD instead of a HDD (If you have the money). I think if you should go for OSx. I don't really see the point in any Linux unless you are hosting a server or something that needs to be resourceful with RAM. I just assume you have windows installed. You could always try windows 8 on it?

Put on a Linux OS such as Ubuntu or Linux Mint. These are easy beginning Linux OS' and are fun to mess around with. If you like those, then you can move up to Debian and eventually Gentoo and Arch. Learning Linux can be hard, but is super useful later in life if you ever want to really know your way around a computer.

Plus, Steam is on Linux now.

pnBIF.gif?1

You should put android on it for luls

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900