New PC no boot

Billy_Mays

I just built my first PC and no post and nothing spinning the PSU gpu work I'm going to see if I did the fpannel wrong but it wants a QR code scanned 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Who wants a QR code?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

2 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Who wants a QR code?

Asus for front panel but it has on mobo what to do i followed that and still nothing did everything right

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Asus for front panel but it has on mobo what to do i followed that and still nothing did everything right

Are you trying to RMA something??

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Are you trying to RMA something??

No I just finished my build and no post and no fan spin ups

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

No I just finished my build and no post and no fan spin ups

Ok. Why is ASUS asking for a QR code then? I would check all the cables, CPU power, and even the little ones and the bottom. I don't really know about the rest so if nothing works just RMA it.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

1 minute ago, QuantumBit said:

Ok. Why is ASUS asking for a QR code then? I would check all the cables, CPU power, and even the little ones and the bottom. I don't really know about the rest so if nothing works just RMA it.

Took out ram and HDD made sure everything was in right still nothing 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Took out ram and HDD made sure everything was in right still nothing 

Well no one else seems to know what to do, so try another forum maybe? If no one replies/nothing helps, just RMA it.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Well no one else seems to know what to do, so try another forum maybe? If no one replies/nothing helps, just RMA it.

I don't have an account on any other forums

You've got motherboard power and CPU power connected? How about the PSU set to the correct voltage for your region? Pictures? We dont have a lot to go on, can't help you if you give vague troubleshooting info.

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

Just now, NuclearKing said:

You've got motherboard power and CPU power connected? How about the PSU set to the correct voltage for your region? Pictures? We dont have a lot to go on, can't help you if you give vague troubleshooting info.

Yep PSU doesn't have the voltage flipper thing, 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1. Make sure you flip PSU switch

2. Make sure your wires in you case that connects to the buttons are correctly installed refer to the manual

EDIT:

if there is a button on your motherboard to turn it on try that aswell

Just now, PurpleCodes said:

1. Make sure you flip PSU switch

2. Make sure your wires in you case that connects to the buttons are correctly installed refer to the manual

I did that and I've tried everything that I can do except use an older AM3 CPU with a dead IMC

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Yep PSU doesn't have the voltage flipper thing, 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok. From what I can see everything is properly connected, but you could make sure that all the wires are connected to the PSU properly and securely. Also try to avoid having wire touch the PCB, but I doubt that's the issue. Also you have the motherboard attached with stand-offs right? Also try to just use one set of ram (matching) to boot it up, or better yet try one stick, then another, then another, until it works.

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Could you send a picture of you JFP1 slot aswell as the manual from the case or motherboard on how to correctly plug it in

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

I did that and I've tried everything that I can do except use an older AM3 CPU with a dead IMC

The cooler is mounted properly right? I've heard that coolers mounted too hard can cause failure to boot, or perhaps a lack of thermal paste prevents it from turning on? I'm just trying to explore all options here.

GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

The cooler is mounted properly right? I've heard that coolers mounted too hard can cause failure to boot, or perhaps a lack of thermal paste prevents it from turning on? I'm just trying to explore all options here.

I could unscrew it a little to see if that works

2 minutes ago, NuclearKing said:

Ok. From what I can see everything is properly connected, but you could make sure that all the wires are connected to the PSU properly and securely. Also try to avoid having wire touch the PCB, but I doubt that's the issue. Also you have the motherboard attached with stand-offs right? Also try to just use one set of ram (matching) to boot it up, or better yet try one stick, then another, then another, until it works.

The wire isn't touching the PCB and I do have my mobo on standoffs

2 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

Could you send a picture of you JFP1 slot aswell as the manual from the case or motherboard on how to correctly plug it in

I checked the manual for it nothing it wants a QR code to be scanned nothing is wrong that I know of

I shit you not it wasn't plugged in enough

4 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

I shit you not it wasn't plugged in enough

So it works now?

GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

So it works now?

Sorta I think the bios needs to be flashed (signature to see specs)

15 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Sorta I think the bios needs to be flashed (signature to see specs)

Thats good, your welcome for the help. Was it a wire that wasn't fully connected to the PSU?

GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

3 hours ago, NuclearKing said:

Thats good, your welcome for the help. Was it a wire that wasn't fully connected to the PSU?

Yes the power cable to the back of the PSU wasn't plugged in all the and the board maybe dead because it had some tears in the bag and no cosmetic damages to it soo idk if I should RMA it

51 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Yes the power cable to the back of the PSU wasn't plugged in all the and the board maybe dead because it had some tears in the bag and no cosmetic damages to it soo idk if I should RMA it

Definitely RMA it. If you got a faulty board, it is their job to replace it for you. You would just be throwing away money not RMAing it.

GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

35 minutes ago, NuclearKing said:

Definitely RMA it. If you got a faulty board, it is their job to replace it for you. You would just be throwing away money not RMAing it.

Ok will do as soon as I get home in a week