LAN Not working in games.

I have problem with my LAN connection between my PC and my Laptop. In cmd and file explorer , they can detect each other and send files but problem begins in games. Here are games that i tested : Farming Simulator 17, Unturned, Team Fortres 2, Counter Strike ( GO, Source, 1.6), Battlefield 2 and Minecraft becouse none of the other games worked so i tested Minecraft also. ( I make a lan server for my friend to play on )

In games that have Direct Connect like Minecraft and Unturned i can connect by typing for example (Unturned) : 192.168.1.X and port 27015 and it detects server and i am able to play on it. But games cant detect those server as LAN games so this make a big problem for me in some games like CS , Battlefield , Farming Simulator and TF 2. In games like Minecraft and Unturned that have Direct Connect this isnt a problem becouse i use direct connect and it work fine.

Yes, PC and Laptop are on the same network , on the same LAN switch.

In Windows Firewall setting games are allowed to use network.

Please anyone help and thank you :)

are you sure windows firewall is the acting firewall.

"Cheapness is not a skill"

5 hours ago, davidna2002 said:

are you sure windows firewall is the acting firewall.

How do you mean "acting firewall" ???

sometime for instance an AntiVirus program will shutdown Windows Firewall and use its own firewall settings.

sometime for instance an AntiVirus program will shutdown Windows Firewall and use its own firewall settings.

I don`t have any AntiVirus, only Windows Defender

your best bet is to address tech support for each individual game to find out what the LAN ports are used to set up LAN parties.  and you'll have to make sure these settings are all the same on each PC.

your best bet is to address tech support for each individual game to find out what the LAN ports are used to set up LAN parties.  and you'll have to make sure these settings are all the same on each PC.

Ok, i`ll try

7 hours ago, davidna2002 said:

I did and tryed it out and it didnt work. Do you have any other solution ???

you'd need to clarify what issues you have with each game.  any error messages?

17 hours ago, davidna2002 said:

you'd need to clarify what issues you have with each game.  any error messages?

No , servers just don`t want to show in LAN Server list but i can still connect to them in games that have direct connect.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:45 AM, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Please anyone help and thank you :)

Turn off windows firewall completely and try again. If the problem disappears you will have to work with custom firewall rules if you want to use windows firewall 

On 6/24/2017 at 8:19 AM, Niksa said:

Turn off windows firewall completely and try again. If the problem disappears you will have to work with custom firewall rules if you want to use windows firewall 

Ok , i will try to do that later.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:19 AM, Niksa said:

Ummmm .... it didn`t work :(

4 hours ago, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Ummmm .... it didn`t work :(

Try turning off the firewalls on all devices involved, not just the host. It's also possible that router may be causing the issue if it has advanced security options, what router do you have?

Also, I would recommend running a port scanning tool to see if the ports are truly open when attempting to find games. In your case, I say use nmap or the gui version Zenmap.

• On the client PC (The PC that's connecting to the game server), go to https://nmap.org/download.html look for the Microsoft Windows binaries section and then Latest stable release self-installer.
  • Install Zenmap, Then open as administrator when the install is finished.
  • For the target enter the server's IP address, then select the profile Intense scan plus UDP.
  • Make sure the desired game is up and running on the server/host, Start the scan. It will take a few minutes.

1 minute ago, Chaz042 said:

Try turning off the firewalls on all devices involved, not just the host. It's also possible that router may be causing the issue if it has advanced security options, what router do you have?

Also, I would recommend running a port scanning tool to see if the ports are truly open when attempting to find games. In your case, I say use nmap or the gui version Zenmap.

• On the client PC (The PC that's connecting to the game server), go to https://nmap.org/download.html look for the Microsoft Windows binaries section and then Latest stable release self-installer.
  • Install Zenmap, Then open as administrator when the install is finished.
  • For the target enter the server's IP address, then select the profile Intense scan plus UDP.
  • Make sure the desired game is up and running on the server/host, Start the scan. It will take a few minutes.

Ok , thanks but i will try this in later , i don`t have time to do that now :)

On 22.6.2017 at 8:45 PM, Aleksa Djordjic said:

PC and Laptop are on the same network , on the same LAN switch.

is the LAN switch connected to the internet ?

many games need internet access even when the game runs over local network

i remember having problems when we had no internet for a while (provider change) and wanted to play FS 15 over local network - we had to use a surfstick because the game would not detect the lan server without connecting to it's master servers first. (probably to validate that everyone has a unique product key so people can't play with each other off of the same disc and key)

a slow AF 2g connection was all we had but it was enough for FS 15 to phone home.

we could see and join the lan server without problems and the actual game was then running over the local network without problems 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

is the LAN switch connected to the internet ?

many games need internet access even when the game runs over local network

i remember having problems when we had no internet for a while (provider change) and wanted to play FS 15 over local network - we had to use a surfstick because the game would not detect the lan server without connecting to it's master servers first. (probably to validate that everyone has a unique product key so people can't play with each other off of the same disc and key)

a slow AF 2g connection was all we had but it was enough for FS 15 to phone home.

we could see and join the lan server without problems and the actual game was then running over the local network without problems 

Yes , of course that switch is connected to the internet , if it was not how would i post this ???

Just now, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Yes , of course that switch is connected to the internet , if it was not how would i post this ???

from a smartphone maybe ?

anyways ... lack of internet is not the problem then ;) 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

from a smartphone maybe ?

anyways ... lack of internet is not the problem then ;) 

:D