Need Steam Summer Sale Advice

FineVisionz
Go to solution Solved by shooter2749,
8 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

Hello, I know that steam has changed how their big sales work now...  So, can you find a game on a steeper discount than you could've if you bought the game on the first day of the Summer Sale?

If this is in the wrong section, please let me know! :D

Thanks!

-Fine

no the sales will stay the same for the entire duration of the event

Hello, I know that steam has changed how their big sales work now...  So, can you find a game on a steeper discount than you could've if you bought the game on the first day of the Summer Sale?

Thanks!

-Fine

8 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

Thanks!

-Fine

no the sales will stay the same for the entire duration of the event

Shooter2749 is correct. They did away with daily sales and flash sales because most people wouldn't buy anything until it appeared as a flash sale. And I'm sure lost of people waited and waited for a better price, then either forgot or the sale ended, meaning a lost sale. Now the sale isn't as lucrative but at least you don't need to check steam 10 times a day.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

9 minutes ago, ZimFreak said:

Shooter2749 is correct. They did away with daily sales and flash sales because most people wouldn't buy anything until it appeared as a flash sale. And I'm sure lost of people waited and waited for a better price, then either forgot or the sale ended, meaning a lost sale. Now the sale isn't as lucrative but at least you don't need to check steam 10 times a day.

True!  Or wait until the last day of the sale to guarantee the absolute best price. Painful.