Switch to PC

Niklad

Hello i have a question. Can i plug the switch to my PC to transfer save data/charge it.

wat

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

1 minute ago, McHox said:

wat

the save files

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

do you mean nintendo switch or what

yes

2 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

did you ever tried?

No i don't have a type c cable on me and thewy are expensive in sweden

Edited by Niklad

The answer is probably going to be:

• You can charge it
  • You cannot transfer data, at least not without a special app from Nintendo (don't ask me if a thing exists, because I don't know).

Also you don't need a C to C cable, just use a C to A. Or get Micro-B to C adapter (I'm pretty sure you have a Micro-B cable around).

No, you can't back up saves. Unfortunately nintendo screwed up and forced saves to the internal memory, and they don't allow you to back them up. Right now people are trying to get nintendo to fix this issue. You can charge it but its slower than a wall outlet.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

10 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

No, you can't back up saves. Unfortunately nintendo screwed up and forced saves to the internal memory, and they don't allow you to back them up. Right now people are trying to get nintendo to fix this issue. You can charge it but its slower than a wall outlet.

I get why they did it, as both the Wii U and 3DS were hacked to hell and back via save game exploits (and browser exploits, which is why the Switch web browser has no user interface), and no company protects it's IP's more then Nintendo.

With that said, they need to implement some way to backup save files ASAP. 

On 2017-06-23 at 3:25 AM, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Ok thanks :)

They do have a paid online service coming and have already mentioned cloud saves. As of now it's still not feature complete and so they're not charging a fee. It's a bit of a "watch this space" situation with the Switch and these kinds of features. But as it stands and as someone who likes to buy physical copies of games? What they have now is still better than what the 3DS had.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing