Fake Ebay Listing?

W3dge

Lol wut

da7803f6-bb33-4791-81b6-6c163c62158c.png

I am 80% sure that this is fake, but I just wanted to check with you all to make sure that I am not going to be infecting my new build with rootware before I even install an operating system XD. Anyways, I bought it because the price is low enough that a few hours of work will pay of the mistake I probably just made. If I get the box and find an actual product inside, you all will be the first to know. Happy building!

Could be the stock cooler. I wouldn't say that was a really gpu. He could have been watercooling it and wanted to sell the cooler for whatever reason. Don't buy it unless you know it us real. Ebay will give you your money back if it is fake as well. Good luck!

Gotta be a typo.

I bought one to find out. 

Maybe buying just the cable?  Guy has high seller rating, so I doubt you get that with deceptive page, and this could just be a copy paste of a spec flyer or such. but...

Edit to add that positive feedback is apparently 24.. not that huge, and the profile says he/she is in Germany.  

16ycbeA.png

9 minutes ago, Alpha297 said:

Maybe buying just the cable?  Guy has high seller rating, so I doubt you get that with deceptive page, and this could just be a copy paste of a spec flyer or such. but...

16ycbeA.png

Yeah, Im seeing that. If it is just the cable, I will return it. The seller has not sold many items before this point. I sent an email to the seller asking whether or not the graphics card itself is actually included in the sale. Either way I will find out in approximately 5 days.

2 minutes ago, W3dge said:

Yeah, Im seeing that. If it is just the cable, I will return it. The seller has not sold many items before this point. I sent an email to the seller asking whether or not the graphics card itself is actually included in the sale. Either way I will find out in approximately 5 days.

The one time I had to invoke paypal on someone it went fine. I ordered too before I realized that could be taken to mean you get _just_ the cable.  I figure if it was a typo listing it will get taken down.  Probably be more than 5 days for me since it's shipping from Germany.  Lets meet back here and discuss how it turned out? 

Looks like ebay pulled the listening.  Goes to show if it appears too good to be true, it usually is. 

Your recent eBay transaction may be from a compromised account

Hello ,

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:  
172737894064 - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 TURBO-GTX1080TI-11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:
   http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com 

- If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

- If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

9 hours ago, Alpha297 said:

Looks like ebay pulled the listening.  Goes to show if it appears too good to be true, it usually is. 

Yeah, I got that email too. :/

Eh. It was worth a try. I guess I'll just buy a 1080 instead.