First PC build

zmajzmaj

So I have built my first PC and im typing from it now, the thing is I watched some forums and they said that some sort of plastic cover could be on the cpu or cooler. So now im concerned that i have melted plastic on my cpu, I did not even pay attention for this when I mounted the cpu into the socket. Can they be plastic cover on the cpu pins or heatspreader. I mean what is the worst thing that can happen, melted plastic on pins doesn't do so much right?

Sorry for this strange post but I am afraid my PC may break, So some calming answers could help.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Thanks

Stock ryzen cooler doesnt come with a plastic sheet attached to the cooler.

You'll be fine if thats what your using.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

I use the cooler that came with the cpu. So what about the part about plastic on the cpu pins and heatspreader, was that only trolls talking?

8 minutes ago, zmajzmaj said:

So I have built my first PC and im typing from it now, the thing is I watched some forums and they said that some sort of plastic cover could be on the cpu or cooler. So now im concerned that i have melted plastic on my cpu, I did not even pay attention for this when I mounted the cpu into the socket. Can they be plastic cover on the cpu pins or heatspreader. I mean what is the worst thing that can happen, melted plastic on pins doesn't do so much right?

Sorry for this strange post but I am afraid my PC may break, So some calming answers could help.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Thanks

If you are typing from it without issue it is a sign that everything is fine to come.

With you CPU's specific Wraith Spire cooler, it came pre applied with the thermal compound on it's base, therefore, everything should be fine without any melted plastic to have concern over. 

As with your physical CPU there is not a plastic wrap on it.

Motherboard pins have never had a plastic wrap on, just the massively noticeable plastic shield which protects the pins during transport and must be removed to have installed the processor in the first place.

Also, moderation on this particular forum is outstanding, so I heavily doubt of trolls appearing.

Edited by EnergyEclipse
OP changed so changed answers

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

If you are typing from it without issue it is a sign that everything is fine to come.

With you CPU's specific Wraith Spire cooler, it came pre applied with the thermal compound on it's base, therefore, everything should be fine without any melted plastic to have concern over. 

As with your physical CPU there is not a plastic wrap on it.

Motherboard pins have never had a plastic wrap on, just the massively noticeable plastic shield which protects the pins during transport and must be removed to have installed the processor in the first place.

Also, moderation on this particular forum is outstanding, so I heavily doubt of trolls appearing.

Ok thanks man, I mean when I think about it plastic on cpu pins is kinda impossible, I would probably not even be able to boot the PC.

Just now, zmajzmaj said:

Ok thanks man, I mean when I think about it plastic on cpu pins is kinda impossible, I would probably not even be able to boot the PC.

No problem! :3

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

4 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

There was a big troll that the moderators just ignored for a long time. He would switch sides in an argument and throw insults at everyone. I reported him a couple times. As far as I know, they never addressed it. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440