Hello Everyone,
There is probably already a topic similar to this one, but I've been doing my research for quite a bit now and I really can't find anything that would answer my question.

So just to set the scene I'm currently using Lenovo Z50-70
with Intel i5-4210U @1.70Ghz 
         Nvidia GeForce 840M
         8GB RAM and Windows 10 on it.
I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I can say it had decent performance everything you'd expect form around 700$ laptop (EU price so it's a bit more than the USA probably).
Playing GTA V, Minecraft and PES 2017 was quite nice. 
But the main purpose for this laptop was Uni ad since I'm studying ICT engineering with specialization in the game and mobile app development I've com to the point where I definitely need something more.

Basically, I'm considering to get MacBook Pro 13" with touch bar because it has better CPU's than the nontouch bar model but there are multiple CPU and RAM variants so I was wondering can someone help me a bit about that. 
Just to make it clear Windows Laptop is also an option but I'm currently aiming at Mac because of Unity3D and IOS development.

Shortly I need help about the new laptop for Java programming in Eclipse, Unity3D, IOS development and some basic to intermediate video and photo editing. Budget would be around 2000 EUR (~2240.14 USD)

14 minutes ago, tonci4 said:

because it has better CPU's than the nontouch bar model

but not much faster, like 10-20%, not worth the extra, there both dual cores with igpu

Id get a used 2014 15in macbook pro, bigger screen much faster.

24 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

but not much faster, like 10-20%, not worth the extra, there both dual cores with igpu

Id get a used 2014 15in macbook pro, bigger screen much faster.

Thanks for the advice but I'm kinda obligated to buy new because it goes through official Uni funds.

5 minutes ago, tonci4 said:

Thanks for the advice but I'm kinda obligated to buy new because it goes through official Uni funds.

Check on newegg or something like that for refurbished but if you have to buy new that seems like your only choice

My life

Trust you dont need the i7 on the 13". Thermal performance wont allow it to stay at that clock speed for long:

• Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • 3.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
  • 256GB SSD storage
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MPXV2LL/A&step=config#

Try this equivalent config, although I heard that Macs have gone up outside of the US. 

BTW 2017 models were just released (which is what I linked) 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

12 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Trust you dont need the i7 on the 13". Thermal performance wont allow it to stay at that clock speed for long:

• Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • 3.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
  • 256GB SSD storage
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MPXV2LL/A&step=config#

Try this equivalent config, although I heard that Macs have gone up outside of the US. 

BTW 2017 models were just released (which is what I linked) 

Thanks a lot, this answers my question because i7 sounds great but yeah when you put it like that it's logical to take i5.