Selling CPU's

Go to solution Solved by shitbrick01,

Hopefully its not the CPU and just a combination of other issues as some of the other guys have pointed out. In any case, the small upgrade is worth it but i just wanted to run a few things by you guys, just to be sure.

Here's a quick question.

I'm going to be selling my Core i7 2600 CPU processor in a couple of days, it's been overheating and throttling worse than the Chicago strangler.

Does the CPU itself, retain any information in the L1,  L2 or L3 cache when removed from the motherboard  about load conditions, such as overheating, thermal throttling, core problems etc etc.?

The shop i am selling my Core i7 2600 to said the will run an evaluation test before buying the processor ?

Just don't want to waste my time removing it, cleaning it, only to be told they don't want it ?

Thanks in advance you kind souls.

No point if they don't even bother testing it I bet the method to access cache is probably harder.Plus cache is volatile

My life

2 minutes ago, shitbrick01 said:

Here's a quick question.

I'm going to be selling my Core i7 2600 CPU processor in a couple of days, it's been overheating and throttling worse than the Chicago strangler.

Does the CPU itself, retain any information in the L1,  L2 or L3 cache when removed from the motherboard  about load conditions, such as overheating, thermal throttling, core problems etc etc.?

The shop i am selling my Core i7 2600 to said the will run an evaluation test before buying the processor ?

Just don't want to waste my time removing it, cleaning it, only to be told they don't want it ?

Thanks in advance you kind souls.

all info in cache like RAM is volatile so is wiped every time the power is turned off

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Are you sure the problem is caused by the CPU itself and not just a bad connection with the cooler or bad thermal paste?

To be honest, its cheaper to just upgrade the cpu without having to buy a new pc. its been overheating badly, i did a post about the problem and got some useful help. I was just wondering if the issues i have been having were available to view by the shop who will buy it. I found an i7 3770 for £54 plus my i7 2600, BARGIN !!

If it is infact the CPU that runs hot, they'll pick that up in their testing and probably ask you about it.

So whether it's stored in cache or not(which it isn't) they'll catch onto it anyway.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Hopefully its not the CPU and just a combination of other issues as some of the other guys have pointed out. In any case, the small upgrade is worth it but i just wanted to run a few things by you guys, just to be sure.