Headphones

17 minutes ago, Tacanacy said:

I haven't heard of those earpads. I've read people claim that velour earpads let sound pass out more freely and that pleather traps the sound more. I only use velour earpads and I threw out the HD668B's stock pads, so I don't have experience with this.

You really can't order online? Have you considered a desktop mic?

I don't know what AMA stands for.

I can order online, but If i order ex. from US etc, the fee is overwhelmingly big. 

Desktop mic, i can if it's rather cheap honestly.

-EDIT 

I just contacted the store, they just ran out of the earpads. So I'm most likely gonna need to look for alternatives.

3 minutes ago, RoyalBeer said:

I can order online, but If i order ex. from US etc, the fee is overwhelmingly big. 

Desktop mic, i can if it's rather cheap honestly.

I don't know about any desktop mics in that price range. If you're going to use it for live broadcasting in a room that's not sound proofed and not dead silent, then I strongly advise you to not get a condenser mic because they are highly sensitive to background noise. A dynamic mic would pick up far less background noise.

@Lethalmonk The only note I'd add to your post is the ModMic is also what you need if your headphones have proprietary (e.g. Audio Technica locking mechanism) or oddly sized 3.5mm detachable cables. Sometimes you can find special adapters for the boompro.

Also I think the uni directional ModMic sounds similar to the Boompro (though not as good, but I am quite bias so we'll let that slide), but the Omni directional sounds very different, so I wouldn't quite say they sound the same :) - though this only matters if you manage to find an old Omni ModMic 4 or buy the new ModMic 5, which is more expensive and certainly out of the OP's price range.

Also, AMA is "Ask me Anything" @RoyalBeer 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

16 hours ago, Tacanacy said:

The Virtual Barber Shop is irrelevant because no games, as far as I know, have this level of binaural recording or aren't mixed anywhere near as good as this. The Virtual Barber Shop also records mostly across the X-axis. In games, depth is equally important.

The virtual barber shop was an example how you dont need a software or  "special headphones" to have this effect. Most games now (OW, CSGO, Rust, PUBG) have this capability to replicate sound in a certain direction. Some do have dolby 7.1 but it really isnt needed.

3 hours ago, AAJoe said:

@Lethalmonk The only note I'd add to your post is the ModMic is also what you need if your headphones have proprietary (e.g. Audio Technica locking mechanism) or oddly sized 3.5mm detachable cables. Sometimes you can find special adapters for the boompro.

Also I think the uni directional ModMic sounds similar to the Boompro (though not as good, but I am quite bias so we'll let that slide), but the Omni directional sounds very different, so I wouldn't quite say they sound the same :) - though this only matters if you manage to find an old Omni ModMic 4 or buy the new ModMic 5, which is more expensive and certainly out of the OP's price range.

Also, AMA is "Ask me Anything" @RoyalBeer 

In the article i meant any standard 3.5mm port in a headphone can be used with the modmic. Ill add that note thanks. Also I didnt really have a budget in the article. The Vmoda and Modmic are good "headset mics" so u dont need a desktop or clip on, it just so happens to be that they are below $50 USD. I didnt feel the need to inform readers about the different modmics as they can search for themselves (i didnt want to get too off topic). 

The blue snowball and yeti will always be superior to these mics, but they take ups space and they arent as convenient.

10 hours ago, RoyalBeer said:

Hello,

First let me start with a exxagerated "THANK YOU" note. @Lethalmonk  ; @Tacanacy I never saw anybody go that much indept with a review, i cannot stress this enough. All i can say, thank you for the trouble!

With that being said, I'm going to bother you again!

Let's start with the headphones. Only the HD668B's are availabe. With those earpods, in the same shop conviniently.  So I wanna ask about one thing again, an "Extended" opinion about the sound quality of them. A few people say they sound.... "muddy-ish". 

Now I'll go with the mics.... none of those you've mentioned are avalible in my country (Poland), atlesat not the cheaper ones. Which puts me in an uncomfortable position to ask for help again. 

Sidenotes :

-The fuck is AMA?

- Do you guys have THAT kind of knowledge about other periphals aswell? 

These headphones do not sound the best. But for there price range they are really good and comfy. Far better than most ~100 headphones i have worn.  If i remember correctly, the headphones are comfy and have a nice clamp. 

Also, please send me links for retailers for poland and ill be happy to help you with your search for a mic.

AMA is ask me anything.

I do have a bit of knowledge in other peripherals too, just havent got to making a post like this one. if you have any questions, ill try to help.

12 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

The virtual barber shop was an example how you dont need a software or  "special headphones" to have this effect. Most games now (OW, CSGO, Rust, PUBG) have this capability to replicate sound in a certain direction. Some do have dolby 7.1 but it really isnt needed.

The Virtual Barber Shop isn't a remotely accurate representation of how three-dimensional the environment/space sounds like in games. If games sounded like this, then what the hell would you need an example for? This video isn't famous for nothing. And like I've said already, the video recorded mostly across the X-axis. Depth is equally important, and it's harder for headphones to produce. No, you don't need virtual surround sound to simulate a three-dimensional environment -- that's what soundstage is for.

Hello

@Tacanacy @Lethalmonk

Can we change our conversation to a dms, discord, etc? We're thrashing the thread with.... barbers.  And I might have questions towards other periphals.

27 minutes ago, RoyalBeer said:

Hello

@Tacanacy @Lethalmonk

Can we change our conversation to a dms, discord, etc? We're thrashing the thread with.... barbers.  And I might have questions towards other periphals.

Sorry, no.

Hello, I wanted to restrain from posting before testing the headphones.

Both the earpads and headphones came. The problem being the earpads. They won't fit for shit. Any help? @Tacanacy @Lethalmonk ? Apologies for another mention.

efixus.jpg

exifusus.jpg

Well, you bought oval shaped pads. I don't know if it's possible to stretch them or how it will affect pleather.

like what tacanacy 

Well, you bought oval shaped pads. I don't know if it's possible to stretch them or how it will affect pleather.

try to stretch them or return them. you could get the shp9500 and mod them.

3 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

Not able  to stretch, they'll rip.

Okay so, I'm in the middle of turning the earpads back to the shop. So I'm here with another "question" if you don't mind. 

What are the best "companies" about the earpads.

What's the difference in leather and velour earpads besides durability?

So again.

Budget : up to 20$ cannot go more honestly.

What I found -  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VV2JYXK (Free shipping)

... And that's bassicly it, most of them are like 20$ shipping etc.

Maybe You'll find some others. 

Again, sorry for the trouble.

30 minutes ago, RoyalBeer said:

Not able  to stretch, they'll rip.

Okay so, I'm in the middle of turning the earpads back to the shop. So I'm here with another "question" if you don't mind. 

What are the best "companies" about the earpads.

What's the difference in leather and velour earpads besides durability?

So again.

Budget : up to 20$ cannot go more honestly.

What I found -  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VV2JYXK (Free shipping)

... And that's bassicly it, most of them are like 20$ shipping etc.

Maybe You'll find some others. 

Again, sorry for the trouble.

Don't worry, we're on the forum to help. Those are the earpads I recommended. I only use velour earpads, so I don't know about durability regarding pleather.

A'right,

So I've been looking for earpads. Unfortunatley the mentioned above are unavilable for my country. Yet I've found others! 

http://www.headbeat.pl/produkt/akg-k702-nauszniki       / https://www.thomann.de/pl/akg_k_702_ohrpolster.htm 

-  https://audeos.pl/pl/p/Nausznice-nauszniki-pady-gabki-do-Superlux-HD681HD668B-EPK-601%2C-czarne-para/193?utm_source=skapiec.pl&utm_medium=referral  / Could't find english equivalent

Thoughts?

If the AKG K702 pads are the same as Q701, then the quality is better than the HiFiMAN's, but I don't think you can get it on the headphones.

Edited by Tacanacy

1 hour ago, Tacanacy said:

If the AKG K702 pads are the same as Q701, then the quality is better than the HiFiMAN's, but I don't think you can get it on the earphones.

Anddd

I've called to the shop with the K702's. They're out of stock since the site isn't updated. Also they're 40$ total, so that's way too much.

Every forum debate about the earpads. Are useless to me, since I cannot fidn them in Poland, or eu in general. I can't ship to Poland from ex. USA, because It's like i said, 20$ + 30-40days of shipping.  For now I've found theese : 

https://audeos.pl/pl/p/Nausznice-pady-do-Superlux-HMC631-para/614?utm_source=skapiec.pl&utm_medium=referral 

and theese

https://audeos.pl/pl/p/Nausznice-nauszniki-pady-gabki-do-Beyerdynamic-DT770%2C-welurowe-para/189?utm_source=skapiec.pl&utm_medium=referral (I won't buy them, but just curious if they'll fit tbh.)

So the choice is between those 2 and this

https://audeos.pl/pl/p/Nausznice-nauszniki-pady-gabki-do-Superlux-HD681HD668B-EPK-601%2C-czarne-para/193?utm_source=skapiec.pl&utm_medium=referral 

Unless you'll save me and find something else D: 

I tried getting my Beyerdynamic DT990 pads on it, but they're slightly too small and the plastic that goes around the cups is too narrow. I think DT770 is of the same size.