Surface Book Undervolting CPU? HELL YEAH

Hey dudes,

I got a question i bought a Surfacebook Intel i7 with that "awsome" GTX965M and there is a big problem....... its mof*kn hot i mean like it burns my legs and now i heard that undervolting the CPU would be the best solution. My question now is .... does anyone have experience with undervolting the intel i7-6600U? and in addition does anyone know how i can activate the 965M?

I m sorry if my english isn't that good :) hope someone can still help me.

English is fine.

Undervolting is probably impossible on such a customer locked and non OC suited platform since Microsoft doesn't want you to tinker with it. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

What do you mean by activate? The GOU should be used automatically when a suitable 3D application is started up. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

BIOS is pretty locked down iirc.

the GPU is active when it needs to (in games, for example). 

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Now i got it, the problem was that the nvdidia settings werent visible but now i got it, and i planned to undervolt the CPU with the Intel XTU

Is that even possible? I mean undervoltinf shouldn't damage anything. Just make sure the profile is not applied at system start up or with XTU startup and turn down vcore a little if possible at all(I have been there, ... Bootloop after a 5GHz bench really makes your question your decision, was all fine though :P)

3.Use

2 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Is that even possible? I mean undervoltinf shouldn't damage anything. Just make sure the profile is not applied at system start up or with XTU startup and turn down vcore a little if possible at all(I have been there, ... Bootloop after a 5GHz bench really makes your question your decision, was all fine though :P)

it doesn't damage anything by you play with system stability, which means potentially loss of someone work as the system freeze or BSOD while working on a project and hours of work can be loss, including file corruptipn.

On 6/15/2017 at 6:27 AM, DerMacko said:

snip

Hi, you can essentially ignore everyone in the thread. While @GoodBytes posted a via option in Intel XTU, it's flaky boot consistently makes it subpar to the far better program Throttlestop. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-to-Lower-Temperatures-Stop-Throttling-and-Increase-Battery-Life-The-ThrottleStop-Guide-2017.213140.0.html

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p