Touring Mac Pro QLab Rig

Hey guys. 

It's been a while since I posted here but I'm a little stumped with this build for work i'm doing. The build is a set of 3 5U racks built to tour and run a program called QLab which is a speciality program to run theatre shows. The problem i'm having is two of the racks have trashcan Macs in them, they were mounted to a rack shelf via heavy duty zip ties. But the zip ties broke on the tour it was just on. So what I need you guys's help for, is I need Ideas on how to mount the Macs on a shelf without breaking on tour. I would like to avoid one of those rack mac systems, for two reasons. 1. weight, this needs to be able to fly. 2. I don't have a huge budget for this and more just have to make do with what I have. I know this is a PC based forum so id like to put it out there that I can't build a rack mountable PC for this, because 1. budget 2. I need it to be super reliable. 

i'm confused how  you got the trash can macs into a rack did you take t the mother boards out and hang it flat?? though just use metal ties(stainless-steel-cable-ties) and a bunch of m3 double sided tape and some foam if it needs back support can't really suggest anything more specific since im not sure how its mounted in it

5 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

i'm confused how  you got the trash can macs into a rack did you take t the mother boards out and hang it flat?? though just use metal ties(stainless-steel-cable-ties) and a bunch of m3 double sided tape and some foam if it needs back support can't really suggest anything more specific since im not sure how its mounted in it

it was just zip tied to the shelf no disassembly. The idea of M3 tape, foam and stainless steel ties is one i've had and thought about.