BlackBerry 9320 Mod Help

nsyedhasan

So I have a Curve 9320 which is bad condition from being for a month or so. I’ve tried returning it but they didn't want it back. First of all there is dust under the screen which I will, hopefully, get fixed by Wind. Next, the paint on the battery cover is popping off, and also is a fingerprint magnet and also very scratch-able. So I was looking to buy a new body, which I know will remove my warranty, and paint it sort of matte black. I was also thinking of just removing all the paint of the back and then cleaning it and putting paint on it. The problem with this is that I don't know how to cover the logo. But I saw that it was just sort of tapped on, so I could remove it and then paint the cover and then put a new logo in. So I was wondering if there was any paint I could use to cover up the scratches on that back. The paint I'm thinking I will use is black vinyl. The part under the paint isn't glossy, it's more so matte but not really.

TL;DR I need help fixing my back cover. What paint should I use that would cover the scratches? I was thinking vinyl, also it not a glossy finish under the paint.

Quote me to get a reply!

just get a spray tin. Gloss Black, make sure you do very light coats and constantly move the can to avoid getting build up of paint.

just get a spray tin. Gloss Black, make sure you do very light coats and constantly move the can to avoid getting build up of paint.

That was what I was thinking at first but then say the vinyl paint which doesn't scratch easily.

Quote me to get a reply!

Microwave it for 5 minutes on High. Should be fixed. Then throw it out and buy an iPhone.,...

Microwave it for 5 minutes on High. Should be fixed. Then throw it out and buy an iPhone.,...

I am poor, but I may get a Nexus 5 later.

Quote me to get a reply!

That was what I was thinking at first but then say the vinyl paint which doesn't scratch easily.

I have no idea what you mean by vinyl paint. but I would just buy a cheap spray can, make it "presentable" and get a cheap throwaway case for the phone :)

I have no idea what you mean by vinyl paint. but I would just buy a cheap spray can, make it "presentable" and get a cheap throwaway case for the phone :)

I got a case and can't see the back but I would still like to fix the back.

Quote me to get a reply!

I am poor, but I may get a Nexus 5 later.

I can always pay for you... But I am not feeling very selfless without a girlfriend :(

I can always pay for you... But I am not feeling very selfless without a girlfriend :(

Nah, you save up for yourself. ;) 

Quote me to get a reply!

Nah, you save up for yourself. ;)

Alrighty.. I have enough to build a PC i just don't feel like spending.

Alrighty.. I have enough to build a PC i just don't feel like spending.

1. Buy chocolate milk
  2. ???????????????
  3. Profit

Quote me to get a reply!

1. Buy chocolate milk
  2. ???????????????
  3. Profit

What...Buy milk and sell it? to get profit??

What...Buy milk and sell it? to get profit??

Drinking it would be fine.

Quote me to get a reply!

• 3 weeks later...

why the hell would you ever tell some one who is obviously tech savey enough to get on this website to get an iphone?

why the hell would you ever tell some one who is obviously tech savey enough to get on this website to get an iphone?

I would love to have an iPhone but the thing is that is too expensive for me. The phone it self is great but the flaws come from the price. It is a well build and powerful phone. Also it much more powerful compared to something like a Nexus 5.

Quote me to get a reply!

I would love to have an iPhone but the thing is that is too expensive for me. The phone it self is great but the flaws come from the price. It is a well build and powerful phone. Also it much more powerful compared to something like a Nexus 5.

actualy an iPhone compared to the snapdragon 800 in the nexus 5 makes the nexus 5 much faster

actualy an iPhone compared to the snapdragon 800 in the nexus 5 makes the nexus 5 much faster

Not really, your nearly comparing apples to oranges. The Nexus 5 is a thing for developers. The iPhone is something for everything but that.

Quote me to get a reply!

Not really, your nearly comparing apples to oranges. The Nexus 5 is a thing for developers. The iPhone is something for everything but that.

an iPhone is a locked down simple to use "basic phone" with games and a touch screen. An android phone is a open source do what ever the hell you want and your only limited by the specs of the phone and your knowledge