Xbox one representative said that it will play games in 4K resolution?!?!

Hello, a few weeks ago I was at Digiexpo in Helsinki (<--- capital of Finland). Its the biggest nordic games and electronics convention.

There was an Xbox booth there where you could test the thing, after waiting for like 20min first. And me and my dad had a chat with this Xbox one representative person and I asked him that will the Xbox one be able to run games in 4K resolution and he said something like (NOT a direct quote) "Yes totally, like the old Xbox 360, the Xbox one is made futureproof and will run games in 4K resolution".

At this point i was like WTF. with the quality settings that most games are at it will run them about 50-60FPS, how the **** could it possibly run them in 4K resolution, even if it supports Mantle which will give devs the ability to make games more and more optimized I don't think it will be even near to running games at 2K.

I would like to get your opinion of this and maybe spark a little bit of conversation.

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

he must have a HUGE paycheck to say that.... and stupid fanboys to beleive it...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

It does play 4K.

Upscaled.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

For most games it will upscale, only for games that dont require much horsepower it will run at native 4k.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

You people realize that every system can run at 4K resolutions right? Assuming the hardware supports 4K output, any game can be played in 3820x2160.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Its upscaled, like how the 360 plays 1080p... Upscaled from 420

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yeah it will, at -5 fps.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Depends on the game... Technically it could easily play a simple game like 2D chess, pong, or minesweeper at 4K resolution.

Because of the HDMI limitation 4k will only be playable at 30FPS max.

and because of the xbox's gpu 

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

For most games it will upscale, only for games that dont require much horsepower it will run at native 4k.

I don't believe it could even run anything natively at 2K, anything more intensive than minesweeper 

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

I don't get why people have trouble understanding this... anything can output 4K, you don't need power to run a 4K resolution. You just need a connector that supports it.

If the screen is black, and had the connector for, I am sure the old Wii can output 16K resolution at 500fps, if it wanted too.

4K will probably be Blu-ray video playback, and at best, simplistic 2D indie game or some minimum graphics upscale, on BOTH (XBox One and PS4) console.

The power of marketing. Can we go back to bed now?

Here is how its goign to work...

4K@30FPS and crap graphics

4K@30FPS rendered at 1080P or less then upscaled to 4K.

I seriously doubt the Xbox will render a native 4K image without any trickery.