So I just finished building my first loop, and its all working fantastically, BUT, my D5 pump is making a fairly quiet, but noticeable high pitch noise, like really high pitch. Like, If I was 3-4 years older I wouldnt be able to hear it high pitch.

Is this normal and is there any way to fix it?

Changing the pump speed doesnt seem to affect it

Are you sure it's from the pump and not coil whine from another component? Maybe the pump is damaged, did the pump run dry at any point during assembly or bleeding? It could also perhaps be airbubbles still trapped, is it quiet besides the high-pitched noise?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Yeah definitely the pump, and no never ran dry at any point.

Other than the whine (which only I can hear, everyone else in my house its too high pitch for them to hear XD), its completely silent

I should also mention the pump is mounted externally so that might make it seem louder

are you using the factory pump top or another branded pump top?

gently shake the case while the cooling system is operating to dislodge any air trapped in the pump/top.

Im using an EK Revo 140 pump/res combo

Yeah tried that but doesnt seem to have much of an effect

I dont know if its just because my hearing is maybe still good at the upper end, or the pump is just like that, but if I cant fix it im not gonna RMA as its not loud or noticeable enough to bother me.

I can only hear it when I actually think about it

I have the same pump, mine doesn't make that noise however (as far as I can tell). It was only after I built a PC aiming at silence that I noticed how noisy HDDs are when the rest of the PC is silent. I thought it would bug me forever but I'm used to it and it's not an issue for me.

However I can understand how a high pitched whine is something you couldn't live with, there's a wife joke in there somewhere...

Sorry I've not been of much use, it seems to me to be an electrical noise which is not going to go away with a "break in period" like a mechanically caused noise could. Unless anyone has a better more experienced suggestion I would lean towards an RMA. However I'd hang around for a few days to see what others say before going down that road.

Best of luck finding the fix!