Normal watercooled temps

Hi everyone...

i'm new to watercooling and i have a question about normal temps during stress test...

my cpu is 6900k overclocked to 4.4 Gh and my gpu is 1080 ti FE overclocked to 1745...

my loop is cpu and gpu combined loop with one 360(ek xe 360) rad and one 280 rad(xspc ex280)...

the gpu temp is 50 at most stressful tests but the cpu is continously on 85 to 100 under stress with aida64 and prime 95...is this normal or sth is wrong with it?

that seems incredably high for watercooling, thats hot enough to boil your cooling water lol. how much voltage are you feeding that CPU?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

that seems incredably high for watercooling, thats hot enough to boil your cooling water lol. how much voltage are you feeding that CPU?

The voltage is 1.375,,,and the temp is for the cpu not the watercooling system itself

Just now, naeem.ahmadi said:

The voltage is 1.375,,,and the temp is for the cpu not the watercooling system itself

yah i know about the temp but its still really high. thats quite a high voltage you are running, if you can then try dropping it a bit seeing as 100C isnt really a good temp for the CPU

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah i know about the temp but its still really high. thats quite a high voltage you are running, if you can then try dropping it a bit seeing as 100C isnt really a good temp for the CPU

Yeah its so high,,,the problem is that i dont know what is the normal temprature range for a watercooled cpu while overclocked stress test,,,do you have any information about this?

Well if for some reason you like to do stress testing, that's how high my 4790k sits.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

9 hours ago, naeem.ahmadi said:

Yeah its so high,,,the problem is that i dont know what is the normal temprature range for a watercooled cpu while overclocked stress test,,,do you have any information about this?

60C tends to be about the max usiually, often bellow that and sometimes above it. what thermal paste are you using? 

Builds:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

60C tends to be about the max usiually, often bellow that and sometimes above it. what thermal paste are you using? 

The thermal paste is the one with ekwb waterblock,,,without overclock my stress test temp is good around 48 degree ,, but when overclocked to 4.4 on all cores it rises dramaticly to 90 to 100...one more thing is that this high temp is only when aida64 stress test is running,,,on other high load tasks like cinebench its on 70 to 80....

10 minutes ago, naeem.ahmadi said:

The thermal paste is the one with ekwb waterblock,,,without overclock my stress test temp is good around 48 degree ,, but when overclocked to 4.4 on all cores it rises dramaticly to 90 to 100...one more thing is that this high temp is only when aida64 stress test is running,,,on other high load tasks like cinebench its on 70 to 80....

still a tad high but probably because you are running almost 1.4V

Builds:

Spoiler

Which pc case are you building in? I was using a Phanteks Evolve Enthoo with a top mounted radiator but it seems like the top cover was preventing the hot air from the rad from leaving properly so it was actually heating up the case pretty badly. Removing the top cover lowered temps by 10 degrees. Could be something similar with yours.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:19 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

The heat output by the cpu ist the same weather it is cooled correctly or not. So no it would never boil the cooling liquid because there is not enough energy. The high temps indicate a bad heat transfare to the coolant. Meaning either thermal paste bad, or there are lage air bubble in the cpu block. remount the cooling block and try the shake out the bubbles

2 minutes ago, Leonius said:

The heat output by the cpu ist the same weather it is cooled correctly or not. So no it would never boil the cooling liquid because there is not enough energy. The high temps indicate a bad heat transfare to the coolant. Meaning either thermal paste bad, or there are lage air bubble in the cpu block. remount the cooling block and try the shake out the bubbles

i simply noted that 100C is hot enough to boil water, it wont untill the coolant temp is 100C but that could happen in the block but yah probably bad transfer

Builds:

Spoiler