RX 580 Scarceness

OsuMasterz

So I understand that the availability of the RX 580 is close to none with inflated prices because of these bitcoin miners who have swept all the cards up. I need to replace my RX 480 right now because it has some issues where the GPU doesn't engage sometimes and then the game freezes (not a driver issue I have seen this since I bought it and have updated the drivers every time a new one came out). I don't want to buy the GTX 1060 because I know the RX 480 is also a superior card to it, and is not the best value. I can get my money back from where I got it which would be $215, but I don't know if I want to step up to the GTX 1070 because I don't play that many intensive games and I don't have a 144hz monitor or 1440p or more.

The RX 480 isn't superior to the 1060... They are equal and depending on what games you play, the 1060 may be better....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I mean theres nothing wrong with a 1070, but see if you can exchange the 480 before you just sell it

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

I mean theres nothing wrong with a 1070, but see if you can exchange the 480 before you just sell it

Well the place I got it from promises that if there's something wrong I can get my money back. They don't have any Rx 480s in stock though.

10 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

Well the place I got it from promises that if there's something wrong I can get my money back. They don't have any Rx 480s in stock though.

Can you get the money back and wait or do you need a gpu now? Because in 2-3 weeks, in guessing, the 580s and 480s will be back in stock.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

19 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The RX 480 isn't superior to the 1060...

let me pull out DX12 and Vulkan optimzed games like Doom and Hitman.

lol yeah I agree. 1060 trade blows with a 480 and everyone knows that

24 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

So I understand that the availability of the RX 580 is close to none with inflated prices because of these bitcoin miners who have swept all the cards up. I need to replace my RX 480 right now because it has some issues where the GPU doesn't engage sometimes and then the game freezes (not a driver issue I have seen this since I bought it and have updated the drivers every time a new one came out). I don't want to buy the GTX 1060 because I know the RX 480 is also a superior card to it, and is not the best value. I can get my money back from where I got it which would be $215, but I don't know if I want to step up to the GTX 1070 because I don't play that many intensive games and I don't have a 144hz monitor or 1440p or more.

have you tried RMA your card instead?

3 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

Can you get the money back and wait or do you need a gpu now? Because in 2-3 weeks, in guessing, the 580s and 480s will be back in stock.

Well I mean I can wait, but I just dont know what's causing the issues during gameplay.