Is it worth doing?

Hey guys,

I was wondering, would it worth it if I sold my current build to buy this build I currently am planning to buy?

My current build:

Asrock z77 OC Formula

I7 3770k OC @ 4Ghz (Not water-cooled with not too great heat-sink with 2 fans. Run's hot in summer, so I down-clock to stock in summer as I live in small hot apartment.)

Asus Strix 1070

16GB RipJaw 1666Mhz

My planning build:

Asus Z170-A

i7 6700k (Will water-cool using closed loop corsair h115i)

Asus Strix 1080TI

16GB Vengence LPX 3000Mhz (Worth upgrading to 32?)

Would it benefits my game performance? I like it 60 fps and can't tolerate dips under 50's (Currently using 1080p but willing to switch to 4k when $$$ allows me.)

I am not on a budget but would still like it being reasonable.

How much do you think I could sell my current rig?

Or do you guys think it would be even more worth it going for the brand new 7700k?

I'd really like your taught. Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, Methedox said:

Hey guys,

I was wondering, would it worth it if I sold my current build to buy this build I currently am planning to buy?

My current build:

Asrock z77 OC Formula

I7 3770k OC @ 4Ghz (Not water-cooled with not too great heat-sink with 2 fans. Run's hot in summer, so I down-clock to stock in summer as I live in small hot apartment.)

Asus Strix 1070

16GB RipJaw 1666Mhz

My planning build:

Asus Z170-A

i7 6700k (Will water-cool using closed loop corsair h115i)

Asus Strix 1080TI

16GB Vengence LPX 3000Mhz (Worth upgrading to 32?)

Would it benefits my game performance? I like it 60 fps and can't tolerate dips under 50's (Currently using 1080p but willing to switch to 4k when $$$ allows me.)

I am not on a budget but would still like it being reasonable.

How much do you think I could sell my current rig?

Or do you guys think it would be even more worth it going for the brand new 7700k?

I'd really like your taught. Thanks in advance!

It would not be worth it unless the performance is intolerable. 

I second @TheCherryKing your CPU is not bottle-necking your GPU. I'd wait another year. Especially with the CPU war just heating up. Prices will fluctuate, the Ryzen platform will get better and we might see some actual improvements. If you look at my sig you'll see I'm running a 4th Gen i5 that isnt that much fast than yours, and I'm not bottle-necked. The only game at this point that dips is GTA 5........ but its GTA 5. I've looked at an upgrade just last month, and the slight gain of 5~10 FPS is just not worth the trouble and the money.

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

~~Assembled with love and care~~

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Will wait ti see what intel has to offer.

Get only the video card. 16 gb is enough, and cpu is fine too. Get a water cooler you mentioned for your cpu.