1440p 60hz ips vs 1080p 144hz tn Both 24in

batmanisblue
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

If you find yourself using the desktop environment a lot for productivity work, get the 1440p monitor. The GUI may be a bit smaller though since it's 24" 1440p, but I don't think it's small enough to need scaling.

If you play games more, get the 1080p monitor.

Processor is ryzen 1600. Gpu is gtx 960 which I will change next year. Price of monitors is almost the same. I intend to mostly play games and watch movies, series etc. Games I play the most are rocket league, rainbow six siege, battlefield 1, overwatch, quake beta etc. I play almost every type of game, from dark souls to shovel knight to civilization etc but not as much as I play the above mentioned. I do use photoshop and lightroom when I need it but that's only twice or thrice in a year. My brother already has the ips and I can use his monitor for photoshop purposes.

I have decided to purchase a 1080p 144hz tn which is the benq 24 inch zowie xl2411. Should I consider benq bl2420pt instead, which is a 24 inch 1440p 60hz ips made for professionals?

Why benq? Benq is a Taiwanese company and offers good built quality which is marginally better than LG. I'd rather have better built quality over features like freesync. Asus is more expensive. 

I live in India. Monitors are extremely expensive here and there aren't that many sold here to begin with.

Tl;dr Read the title.

If you find yourself using the desktop environment a lot for productivity work, get the 1440p monitor. The GUI may be a bit smaller though since it's 24" 1440p, but I don't think it's small enough to need scaling.

144hz whats yr price range as u can get 1440p 144hz for about £50 more then a mid range 1080p one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LT04C30/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I really want the 144hz. 1080p tn it is. Lol Thanks for the help.

I own an xl2411z and it's an amazing monitor, but unless you have a computer capable to push higher FPS I'd go with the 60hz. One of the problems with a 144hz monitor is if you get use to the higher frame rates games that run at lower FPS like Fallout 4 (locked at 60) it feels terrible. 60fps feels like 30fps on 144hz. Make playing Fallout 4 impossible for me. I'd look into g-sync otherwise.

11 minutes ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

I own an xl2411z and it's an amazing monitor, but unless you have a computer capable to push higher FPS I'd go with the 60hz. One of the problems with a 144hz monitor is if you get use to the higher frame rates games that run at lower FPS like Fallout 4 (locked at 60) it feels terrible. 60fps feels like 30fps on 144hz. Make playing Fallout 4 impossible for me. I'd look into g-sync otherwise.

I will purchase a new gpu when vega is out or sometime next year. I cannot purchase a g sync as there isn't any available here which is less than £600.

Haha. I totally get what you mean by getting spoilt. It wasn't very long ago when I upgraded to a pc from console. I loved it so much that I sold the console. And that was at 900p. 1080p 144hz surely will the same little good thing all over again. 

1 minute ago, batmanisblue said:

I will purchase a new gpu when vega is out or sometime next year. I cannot purchase a g sync as there isn't any available here which is less than £600.

Haha. I totally get what you mean by getting spoilt. It wasn't very long ago when I upgraded to a pc from console. I loved it so much that I sold the console. And that was at 900p. 1080p 144hz surely will the same little good thing all over again. 

Yup, it's a blessing and a curse. ? 

Just now, batmanisblue said:

Haha. I totally get what you mean by getting spoilt. It wasn't very long ago that I upgraded to a pc from console. I loved it so much that I sold the console. And that was at 900p. 1080p 144hz surely will the same little good thing all over again. 

there are, actually. the Dell S2417DG and S2716DG, and a couple of older G-sync models. 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

there are, actually. the Dell S2417DG and S2716DG, and a couple of older G-sync models. 

I wasn't aware of the s2417dg. The monitor is really great at 165 hz and 1440p. However it is still almost twice my budget. Do you live in India as well?

14 minutes ago, batmanisblue said:

I wasn't aware of the s2417dg. The monitor is really great at 165 hz and 1440p. However it is still almost twice my budget. Do you live in India as well?

ah, that's why. nah i don't live in india