Burning DVD for DVD player?

Octavialicious

Hey all, not too familiar with DVD's and I have to turn one in for a film project. I burned the MP4 onto the DVD with a program, and it played just fine on a blu-ray player. However, someone said you might have to burn it a specific way for an older DVD player? Should I do anything specific?

Thanks!

edit: DVD+R if that matters

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Does it work in a DVD player? If so, then you'll be fine. I'd say that it'll work fine if it worked in a blu-ray player.

I think what they are referring to are the ways you can make a DVD or CD a storage device instead of a playable music cd or video dvd. If you used a DVD burning software, you should be fine. They usually do that by default. If that makes sense.... Can't seem to find the right words to describe what I want lol.

1 minute ago, Kirito24 said:

Does it work in a DVD player? If so, then you'll be fine. I'd say that it'll work fine if it worked in a blu-ray player.

Ya seemed to work fine. I just had to click "select" on the remote on the file when it loaded on the CD. Do old dvd players do that too? Is MP4 supported?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I've always used Imgburn, in the program you select the file you want to be burned to the DVD and it burns it to the dvd.. 

Only way the dvd won't work on dvd players and worked on a blu-ray player is if you burned a blu-ray disc

Um... it really depends to be honest. Some "advanced" features won't be available on some DVD players. These features would include MP4 or MP3 support.

Windows's built in feature should work just fine. MP4 format should be fine as well, it should be a "just throw it in" type of idea too. 

Well, from what I can tell it might. Doesn't say anywhere that it converts video files to a format for DVD video. Do you have another disc by any chance?

If you have a DVD player available to use, just see if it works honestly.

Just now, Kirito24 said:

Well, from what I can tell it might. Doesn't say anywhere that it converts video files to a format for DVD video. Do you have another disc by any chance?

Multiple

wish I had a dvd player, just have that bluray one atm

2 minutes ago, Kirito24 said:

http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php try this. It's open source and it supports mp4 to DVD. Among like 65 other formats so you can use it in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Older DVD players generally can't play MP4 videos. You'd basically have to author it like a DVD, which it should burn like a retail DVD would with .VOB files and all.

Ah, well just in case I'll use DVD Flick. My GPA thanks you both!!

If it's for a class, spare no back ups lol. Hope everything works out for you. You're welcome and have a good night :)