DayZ Standalone

Commander_Z

Does anyone care at this point????

Constant delays, and very little information of late/no good information has come out

Me and a whole bunch of friends are still playing dayz, and a few of the mods out there, and have forgotten almost completley about it

The point was brought up that Dean "Rocket" Hall is trying to release the 'perfect' alpha release, and has got caught up in this idea of making a game perfect, It cant be done.

He has the backing of the studio behind Arma 3, and heck, even the guys behind the breaking point mod that was released for ARMA 2, managed to get it out for ARMA 3 after a few months of work.

And he said he wanted this as a PS4 port as well

This game is turning out to be like The Last Guardian or Half Life 3, it may never see the light of day.

Looking for a job

It's frustrating because i want it to work, but i just dont see it happening anytime soon

Looking for a job

It's frustrating because i want it to work, but i just dont see it happening anytime soon

Do you not know how hard it is to make a game from scratch?

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

he climbed a mountain recently...

why isnt he in a basement coding?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I acknowledge that this is hard, but you have to be frustrated at some point dont you???

Looking for a job

Does anyone care at this point????

Constant delays, and very little information of late/no good information has come out

Me and a whole bunch of friends are still playing dayz, and a few of the mods out there, and have forgotten almost completley about it

The point was brought up that Dean "Rocket" Hall is trying to release the 'perfect' alpha release, and has got caught up in this idea of making a game perfect, It cant be done.

He has the backing of the studio behind Arma 3, and heck, even the guys behind the breaking point mod that was released for ARMA 2, managed to get it out for ARMA 3 after a few months of work.

And he said he wanted this as a PS4 port as well

This game is turning out to be like The Last Guardian or Half Life 3, it may never see the light of day.

FACT: Games of this scale take a couple years to make.

FACT: Bohemia is an independent studio with a limited budget and a limited amount of people

FACT: DayZ Standalone is NOT A MOD.   

The Arma 3 mod and the Standalone are NOT EVEN REMOTELY SIMILAR.

FACT: MOST games begin development with ZERO announcements.  They do what Dean is doing now in secret

Dean has been kind enough to let people watch the development that would normally be done in secret.

A watched pot never boils..

Stop bitching and learn a little bit about game development.

Speaking of Half Life 3........ lol

Rig #1: Quad Core I7 870 Lynnfield clocked at 4.0GHz (2.9GHz stock) with Asetek pre-filled water colling, Gigabyte GA_P55A-UD3 motherboard, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM,  MSI Radeon HD 7870 Hawk Edition, 700 Watt power supply, 650GB and 500GB WD Hard drives (will be upgraded soon), Cooler Master HAF 932 case. Rat 7 mouse, Razer Battelfield 4 keyboard. Rig #2 ASUS ROG G750JW Quad Core I7 4700HQ Haswell  Nvidia 765M, 8GB ram, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD

@jbr grats on 1000 posts.

Only thing you can really do is wait.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

I would like to see a ps4 version, so far every game I've played on ps4 is crisp clean and maintains good frame rate

he climbed a mountain recently...

why isnt he in a basement coding?

He codes as he climbs.