Which 1070

Jorbee

I have a ryzen 1600 and i have the corsair 400c case. I have a Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Is a 1070 founders edition card any good, or should i get non reference cards.

You can push OCs further with non reference cards of course as the coolers can dissipate more heat. I have a Zotac founders 1070, haven't even bothered to even check how far i can push an OC with the reference cooler. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

Get a non reference card, it will have much better cooling. Of course it has to be a good cooler, so double check here before you buy.

Edited by Matias_Chambers

Just now, Pepi28 said:

You can push OCs further with non reference cards of course as the coolers can dissipate more heat. I have a Zotac founders 1070, haven't even bothered to even check how far i can push an OC with the reference cooler. 

only reason why i would want a founders is because they look pretty cool, and theres one selling on ebay thats refurb by newegg for about 500 CAD

1 minute ago, Jorbee said:

only reason why i would want a founders is because they look pretty cool, and theres one selling on ebay thats refurb by newegg for about 500 CAD

I did exactly the same as you, thought that founders looked cool and i never owned a founder's before. Found a refurbished one being sold by a Dutch distributor so i went for it :D. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Get a non reference card, it will have much better cooling. Of course it has to be a good cooler, so double check here before you buy.

ignore this guy ^^^

Do you need cooling to circulate around the case, or go out the backplate.

Hi.

Just now, pxnguinPr3 said:

ignore this guy ^^^

Do you need cooling to circulate around the case, or go out the backplate.

it would be nice to have a backplate but its not necessary, and i would like cooling to circulate around the case,

1 minute ago, Pepi28 said:

I did exactly the same as you, thought that founders looked cool and i never owned a founder's before. Found a refurbished one being sold by a Dutch distributor so i went for it :D. 

if i was going to get a 1070 founders, i would most likely spend an additional 50$ to get new, you get a better warranty too!

Just now, Jorbee said:

it would be nice to have a backplate but its not necessary, and i would like cooling to circulate around the case,

it will have a backplate, i meant do you want the hot air to go out the backplate or circulate around the case.

Hi.

Just now, Jorbee said:

if i was going to get a 1070 founders, i would most likely spend an additional 50$ to get new, you get a better warranty too!

get a non-reference card 

Just now, pxnguinPr3 said:

it will have a backplate, i meant do you want the hot air to go out the backplate or circulate around the case.

out the backplate, correct me if i wrong but it's better cooling right?

Just now, Jorbee said:

out the backplate, correct me if i wrong but it's better cooling right?

no, backplate doesn't affect cooling, it's more for looks. 

1 minute ago, Jorbee said:

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

get a non-reference card 

If you are gonna spend the extra bucks, then i agree, go non reference. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

no, backplate doesn't affect cooling, it's more for looks. 

he means the back plate on the rear of the card, where the IO is, aka HDMI/ display port connectors etc. Not the plate on the top of the card. 

You guys..

Okay, so, you can choose, the founders edition all take air in from the fan on the above and cool out the back, ALL GRAPHICS CARDS HAVE A BACKPLATE!

Non-founders editions take air in from the case, then send it out into the case.

Hi.

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Me?

Yep, Founders editions have a different type of cooling to non-reference.

They are no better or worse, just for different scenarios

Hi.

2 minutes ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

Yep, Founders editions have a different type of cooling to non-reference.

They are no better or worse, just for different scenarios

The cooler on the founders edition is bad. You can get a cheaper 1070 with a better cooler, which will overclock better and run cooler.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

OP just get a good aftermarket card, if you are going to sli or overclock get a better PSU. 

EVGA would be better

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

EVGA definitely

Alright thanks guys !!