Build Upgrade

Jogostar

OMG I used to have a green as my main drive... I FEEL YOUR PAIN get an SSD and you will literally ball your eyes out with happiness.  A really nice cheap SSD is called the Adata premier pro 128GB.  Which costs $100 approx for a 128GB drive...  I would also recommend if you can to get the Samsung 840 EVO SSD as that one is super fast and I have it and would never look back.  If you had some left over you could get a more higher end cooler like the Noctua NH-U12S, however the SSD comes first priority. My opinion.  Hope this helped :)

Did it have an SSD in it? Still not quite the same since laptops don't have quite the performance potential as a desktop, but it does come close to what an SSD equipped system feels like.

Yeah it did, and as i said in an previous post, it is impressiver, but not something I would spend my money on, if I'm happy with the speed it is now. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

OMG I used to have a green as my main drive... I FEEL YOUR PAIN get an SSD and you will literally ball your eyes out with happiness.  A really nice cheap SSD is called the Adata premier pro 128GB.  Which costs $100 approx for a 128GB drive...  I would also recommend if you can to get the Samsung 840 EVO SSD as that one is super fast and I have it and would never look back.  If you had some left over you could get a more higher end cooler like the Noctua NH-U12S, however the SSD comes first priority. My opinion.  Hope this helped :)

Why pain, I'm happy with it!

Why is erveryone assuming I'm unhappy with my drive? :P

I use 5400 RPM because I can't stand the noise of an 7200RPM

If you don't want an SSD then just spend the money on something else, like steam

yeah, i guess that's good too,

Oh and btw. i clicked on your sig and a black hole opend in fron of my monitor because of the paradox. :P

Not trying to change your mind, so don't take it that way. But I wonder that a silent ssd holds no attraction if a 7200 rpm hdd is too noisy. Well, it matters not.

Go with some lighting and put the rest in the kitty for a gpu upgrade.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Not trying to change your mind, so don't take it that way. But I wonder that a silent ssd holds no attraction if a 7200 rpm hdd is too noisy. Well, it matters not.

Go with some lighting and put the rest in the kitty for a gpu upgrade.

yeah, not trying to sound aggressive either, ^^

I only would consider buying an SSD if they would release atleast a 1 TB version for less then 200$. ^^

(I hope that will be soon enough) ^^

SSD or peripherals, lights if windowed case.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Second GTX 660 Ti.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

then get a SSD too, and you'll still have the 5400rpm noise. 

Upgrade that psu to a rm series one or get a new a be quiet dark rock pro 2 or just pro I forgot

Totally agree. I own the Corsair RM Series and it's an amazing power supply. It's 80+ Gold and features fully Modular flat cables. It makes cable management way easier then other power supplies.