Multiple Audio inputs to one output

Sushicommander

I often find myself playing games on consoles and wishing that I could hear the audio from my PC at the same time. I've checked around on the internet with mostly confusing results. I've read that using the Line-In port on the computer might work, but I have multiple consoles that I would like to have plugged in at the same time. I don't need to hear more than two outputs at the same time (1 console and PC) but I would prefer not having to dig around behind my computer to replug the cables every time I switch console. 

How would I do something like this?

My audio stuff right now:

• Headphones: Audio-Technica M50x
  • Mic: Blue Yeti USB mic

A small audio mixer would probably be your best bet. You can usually get 5-channel mixers for $30-$40 USD. This will allow you to put each device (computer, console 1, console 2, etc.) on each channel, and individually control their audio level as it mixes them all into a single stereo mix for your headphones. Most small mixers like that also have a USB connection that increases functionality between your computer and the mixer, allowing you to record and do other fancy stuff.

I personally don't use one, so I'm not sure about details on which mixer to get or the best setup for your situation, but I think it would be a good solution.

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHZ Motherboard: Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 GPUs: 2 x GTX 1080 FE SLI Cooling: Custom CPU and GPU loop Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO , 1 TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850i Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Monitors: 2 x Acer XB271HU 1440p 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Mouse: Utechsmart Venus