Only Allow Miners to use a Set Percentage of GPU?

Hello,

When I am mining litecoins, it seems like I can't do anything on my PC! Just simply dragging a window around is a un-pleasing thing to do.

Is there any way that I can only allow miner (CGminer in my case) to use a set percentage my my gpu power?

Lower the intensity on the miner (-i) and see what intensity works for you the best. Low intensity: 10 - 14; High intensity: 18 - 20

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/

Mining is extremely intensive and will render your computer nearly unusable.

There are a few cards that run at full speed with lower intensity,but generally your computer will be unusable while mining. You can compare your settings to others by looking up your GPU here https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

As Momas said, try lowering the intensity to 13. It will destroy your hash rate depending on which GPU you have, but will make your computer usable. To change it in CGminer press "G" then "I" select which GPU and enter the intensity you want to change.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

It all depends on the card and intensity. Cards like 7970s that run well at 13 intensity don't slow down my computer at all. Cards like a 5770 running at 17 intensity render it useless. Try to find a way to run at low intensity while maintaining a decent hash rate.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

It all depends on the card and intensity. Cards like 7970s that run well at 13 intensity don't slow down my computer at all. Cards like a 5770 running at 17 intensity render it useless. Try to find a way to run at low intensity while maintaining a decent hash rate.

When I made this post, I was still testing around with intensitys. I have had my 7970 running at 13 intensity and I don't really know that I am mining until I get into a game and my fps is a little bit low.

Oh my, you can't keep mining while you game on the same card. If you have multiple cards in the same machine you can game on one while mining on the others. Mining loads the gpu to 100 percent, there is nothing left to game on.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Oh my, you can't keep mining while you game on the same card. If you have multiple cards in the same machine you can game on one while mining on the others. Mining loads the gpu to 100 percent, there is nothing left to have on.

Meh. I rarely game anymore. Until GTA V comes out, I think I am done with most games.