Router Choice...

Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,
21 hours ago, Atreyix said:

Hey all,

In the market for a new router as my current one just isn't doing it with signal strength.

My d/l is technically maxed at 60mbps, but I always get 6-8mbps more then what charter says I get.(Hardwired)

6347140477.png

Usage will consist of a lot of downloading, multiple PCs/Consoles gaming, also might be streaming in the midst of that.

Also want something that won't be laggy when on the gui.

I was looking at the Archer C2600, its on newegg for $110, or netgear R6400.

I understand alot of these routers are used for higher d/l then what I have, But I want something that gives good signal strength and won't be laggy on the gui.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats hot right now for about 100ish dollars. Can go upwards to $150 Max. Thanks!!

I have the Archer C9 ($150 CAD, got on sale for $130 CAD), and I also have experience with the Archer C7 ($130 CAD, got on sale for $100 CAD) - both are fantastic. The C9 has a few more features, and higher AC rating.

I'd recommend either, just look at which features may interest you.

Hey all,

In the market for a new router as my current one just isn't doing it with signal strength.

My d/l is technically maxed at 60mbps, but I always get 6-8mbps more then what charter says I get.(Hardwired)

6347140477.png

Usage will consist of a lot of downloading, multiple PCs/Consoles gaming, also might be streaming in the midst of that.

I understand alot of these routers are used for higher d/l then what I have, But I want something that gives good signal strength and won't be laggy on the gui.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats hot right now for about 100ish dollars. Can go upwards to $150 Max. Thanks!!

Is the issue with WiFi? If so, go for a dedicated AP rather than wasting money on a router when really all you need is the AP part of it. Have a look at something like a Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro (or AC LITE if the Pro is too much for you). You get a lot more for your money compared to a router of the same price. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Is the issue with WiFi? If so, go for a dedicated AP rather than wasting money on a router when really all you need is the AP part of it. Have a look at something like a Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro (or AC LITE if the Pro is too much for you). You get a lot more for your money compared to a router of the same price. 

Well yes, its the Wifi with signal. However last month or so it has flooded itself to where I had to reset the router. Example, Downloading on steam(maxing out my download speed) for about 3-4 hours. And by time the download is done, my download speed is non existent. Barely able to load webpages... etc. I've managed to do speedtest while it was like that and it was only pulling 3-4 mbps. I reset the router(unplug) and its back up to my normal 65mbps~. I have made sure nothing else is on the networking downloading or streaming, just was steam.

21 hours ago, Atreyix said:

Hey all,

6347140477.png

I have the Archer C9 ($150 CAD, got on sale for $130 CAD), and I also have experience with the Archer C7 ($130 CAD, got on sale for $100 CAD) - both are fantastic. The C9 has a few more features, and higher AC rating.

I'd recommend either, just look at which features may interest you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)