$1875 USD build

13 minutes ago, supertramp4663 said:

yes, I'm also thinking of buying a new rig at this price point and would like to know the answer also.... I have heard rumors that more i9's would be coming but I assumed that would be out of my price range. But you know what they say about making an assumption, you make an ass out ou you and me.... anyway yeah what might we be able to get if we wait.

Skylake-X is supposedly due in Q3 this year and Kaby Lake-X is due Q2 which would mean this month. As for AMD they are releasing ThreadRipper which is also imminent. Of course nothing is set in stone but they should be out way before Q4.

As for gpu's VEGA might not be here until 2018. Again this is based on rumours that they are having issues with it.

30 minutes ago, supertramp4663 said:

yes, I'm also thinking of buying a new rig at this price point and would like to know the answer also.... I have heard rumors that more i9's would be coming but I assumed that would be out of my price range. But you know what they say about making an assumption, you make an ass out ou you and me.... anyway yeah what might we be able to get if we wait.

I agree with @PCMasterDebater and @ZM Fong that having a better cooler will really help. Your CPU getting hot can cause shutdowns and/or ruin your processor(definitely lowers the lifespan). I don't know about you but spending this kind of money I want mine to last as long as posible. 

thx

27 minutes ago, supertramp4663 said:

even a Evo 212 cooler would be a nice change at $29

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-RR-212E-20PK-R2-120mm/dp/B005O65JXI

Most popular cooler on the market I know a few people who love this cooler even for light overclocking of your cpu

Oh I was actually avoiding that cooler lol thx for the advice

17 minutes ago, Sebastian23 said:

Why not go with the R7 1700 and use the stock cooler ? It is pretty good for a stock one and will even allow you to get a decent overclock. The Corsair H60 isn't that great for the price anyway.

Also that SSD is painfully small. For a gaming pc I would try and aim for a 240GB/250GB SSD as you want to be running games from it rather than the Hard drive.

I would maybe get a cheaper graphics card (RX 570/580 etc) for the time being until you get a better monitor. A GTX 1080 ti is wasted at 1080p/60Hz. If you are going to hold out until the end of the year then VEGA might be out so you should be able to get a higher end gpu for less money.

36 minutes ago, Sebastian23 said:

Oh I was actually avoiding that cooler lol thx for the advice

For sure... Building a PC is actually a very personal  (I say this because I thought it would be all Data and hard stats)

20 minutes ago, Sebastian23 said:

I think it looks good But I'm no expert.... lol wich is why I have a similar topic on the build forum

I have only ever upgraded my box store PC's

But I'm about to build my first whole system

4 hours ago, Sebastian23 said:

God no, that's tragic. Better to buy a 4k monitor with a lesser GPU and upgrade GPU later, rather than a shitty monitor and upgrade monitor later.

Here;

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($215.98 @ PCM) 
Motherboard: MSI - X370 SLI PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($134.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($111.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($699.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($118.54 @ B&H) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD58-B 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($338.90 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master - CM Storm QuickFire XT Wired Slim Keyboard  ($69.36 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Cooler Master - Xornet II Wired Optical Mouse  ($27.26 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1871.40

R5 is fine for gaming at 4k and some content creation. So, you get the 1080Ti, an R5 CPU, and a 4k monitor within budget. I've also managed to include a nice mouse, and a nice mech keyboard. SLI support so you could even add a 2nd 1080Ti at any point if you wanted. Stock cooler will be fine with the R5, and then you can grab yourself a nice cooler later if you want better aesthetics/temps.

aaaaaaaaand I just realised I forgot an SSD, smh. So, maybe drop the kb+mouse, buy a cheap combo, like the CM Devastator and get a nice 240-256GB SSD, MX300 or 850 EVO would be a good shout.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

27 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

God no, that's tragic. Better to buy a 4k monitor with a lesser GPU and upgrade GPU later, rather than a shitty monitor and upgrade monitor later.

Here;

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($215.98 @ PCM) 
Motherboard: MSI - X370 SLI PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($134.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($111.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($699.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($118.54 @ B&H) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD58-B 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($338.90 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master - CM Storm QuickFire XT Wired Slim Keyboard  ($69.36 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Cooler Master - Xornet II Wired Optical Mouse  ($27.26 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1871.40

R5 is fine for gaming at 4k and some content creation. So, you get the 1080Ti, an R5 CPU, and a 4k monitor within budget. I've also managed to include a nice mouse, and a nice mech keyboard. SLI support so you could even add a 2nd 1080Ti at any point if you wanted. Stock cooler will be fine with the R5, and then you can grab yourself a nice cooler later if you want better aesthetics/temps.

aaaaaaaaand I just realised I forgot an SSD, smh. So, maybe drop the kb+mouse, buy a cheap combo, like the CM Devastator and get a nice 240-256GB SSD, MX300 or 850 EVO would be a good shout.

Chill I only put that monitor in there because it's $300 so that I could calculate for the other one I want oh wait that's my old one

Here is my new one

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sDwCnn

17 minutes ago, Sebastian23 said:

I only have the ssd to boot fast though

Small capacity SSD's usually have crap read/write speeds though, and they are false economy as you can buy a 120GB for not much more.

22 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Small capacity SSD's usually have crap read/write speeds though, and they are false economy as you can buy a 120GB for not much more.

K but I made a new build instead on another topic

15 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Now I am a Forum warrior ? Yeah ok.

How am I backtracking ? Why make a statement and then try and say you meant something else ? Also what is due in Q4 that would make it worthwhile waiting ? 

You're a special kind of stupid.

21 hours ago, PCMasterDebater said:

It'll work until he upgrades it.

Ryzen would be better, The list was to illustrate affordability going Intel if he wanted to with a 1080ti.

Now is a bad time to buy anyways. I'd wait for Q4-2017.

There has been no change to what I said, Its a small error you have made, no big deal really. Choice vs need; school can teach you the difference if you can afford to go back. Personally, I'd wait to build a new computer until Q4-2017 for what's to come.  With 8200+ posts, you seem to be internet savvy enough to do some research and see why I made such a statement. No need for me to do the work for you.

16 hours ago, Sebastian23 said:

snip

Here you go OP.

14 hours ago, supertramp4663 said:

snip

Hope this helps supertramp4663

Here is a video with some indications why now, is a good time to wait.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

29 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

You're a special kind of stupid.

There has been no change to what I said, Its a small error you have made, no big deal really. Choice vs need; school can teach you the difference if you can afford to go back. Personally, I'd wait to build a new computer until Q4-2017 for what's to come.  With 8200+ posts, you seem to be internet savvy enough to do some research and see why I made such a statement. No need for me to do the work for you.

Here you go OP.

Hope this helps supertramp4663

Here is a video with some indications why now, is a good time to wait.

Ok smart Guy what is due in Q4 ? ThreadRipper ? Nope that is due this month as is X299. You wanna try again ?

25 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Ok smart Guy what is due in Q4 ? ThreadRipper ? Nope that is due this month as is X299. You wanna try again ?

Release date isn't the point here. Fewest words possible.

"Time is money."

If you're real smart, you can deduce the point from that alone.

Lee32uk, the fact that you're still quoting me questioning me on a thread you did not even start, indicates you are trying to be a forum warrior, a tough guy if you will. Feel better? Didn't get you very far with this approach tbh.

7 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Release date isn't the point here. Fewest words possible.

"Time is money."

If you're real smart, you can deduce the point from that alone.

Lee32uk, the fact that you're still quoting me questioning me on a thread you did not even start, indicates you are trying to be a forum warrior, a tough guy if you will. Feel better? Didn't get you very far with this approach tbh.

What the fuck are you blabbing on about ? You haven't listed anything worth waiting for until Oct - Dec have you ? Either give some facts or STFU.

Just now, lee32uk said:

What the fuck are you blabbing on about ? You haven't listed anything worth waiting for until Oct - Dec have you ? Either give some facts or STFU.

Time is money.

What can you get from that?

2 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Time is money.

What can you get from that?

You seem to enjoy talking in riddles.

Did you even watch the video you posted ? If you did then you would have heard Jay mention the probable release date i.e June/Summer. If you get your facts wrong it makes you look a bit stupid.

Just now, lee32uk said:

You seem to enjoy talking in riddles.

Did you even watch the video you posted ? If you did then you would have heard Jay mention the probable release date i.e June/Summer. If you get your facts wrong it makes you look a bit stupid.

What's the difference between choice and need?

And you're talking about stupid.

8 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

What's the difference between choice and need?

And you're talking about stupid.

The op wants to buy a pc so I guess he would like to do that. The best way for that is to buy the hardware and avoid advice from the likes of you.

And you still haven't said what is worth waiting for in Q4 but I guess you can't answer that can you ?