Learing Math proofs

Teddy07

I study informatics and was just introduced to proofs two weeks ago. The class is called "discrete structures" and a regular math class. I would like to practice proofs and be good at it because i will need it in later courses. I often understand the solution but I don't get the right ideas. So i would like to exercise more. 

Could you recommend a good book for practice? Are the proofs for informatics students and regular math students the same at least in the beginning?

I know I currently suck at math but as wise men say " knowing the problem is half the solution". I tried to search German books and I could find none for practice for informatics.  

Proofs are quite a broad topic, and they're really generally addressed in discrete math (because logic itself is discrete), so pretty much every statement in math is a practice problem.

If you have a textbook on the topic, it should have a section (or hopefully several) on proofs and exercise sets to match. If that's not enough, something I like to do is go through my textbooks and find the theorems it states (in most of my books it puts them in boxes and labels them) and I try to prove them. Theorems in textbooks are almost always stated either with a proof given or with the proof left as an exercise, so that gives you an easy path to check your work. You can usually also get quite a variety doing that for theorems in different topics.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

My script has proofs and also the book I bought. I also try to search the web for proofs.

Thanks for the input.