Improving Gaming PC

Hi all,

So I am looking to upgrade my 4 year old PC, it by no means a weak PC and is used primarily for gaming and rendering. My PSU surged and damaged my CPU so I am having to replace the CPU regardless. The PSU was replaced by the company so there is no need to buy a new one of them.

Having looked over the parts I have noticed that they are somewhat outdated so I would like some advice on what would be best to upgrade. I am looking at getting the i7 7700k and for that I will need a new MOBO (I don't trust this one anymore after the surge anyway).

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4vmDd6

Above is a list of the parts I currently have and the CPU I want, I am looking at £650-£700 max for upgrades.

Much appreciated in advance. 

32Gb DDR4 3000mhz, and a 1070 or so should do the trick. May i suggest the ryzen instead of intel as they have more cores and are better for rendering? For gaming only the intel is fine, but ryzen is a lot better with heavy tasks like rendering etc since it has more cores and threads.

If you're also rendering, then I would recommend Ryzen (1600 or 1700).

I have the 7700k on a z270 motherboard and let me tell you; You will need to run that aio cooler at 100 % to keep the 7700k at 80 C. 

i7 7700K @ 4.8 Ghz (Kraken x52 aio cooler)

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI Motherboard

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Power Suply

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor