SLI GPU Temps ?

I have two GTX680's with XSPC full waterblocks and the water connecting bridges setup for parallel. The top card runs @ about 10 C higher than the bottom card. @ load the top card runs about 60 C and the bottom card runs @ about 50 C. Now, I do see that in GPUZ the top card also shows the idle power consumption @ 11.4 % TDP Vs the lower card @ 10.5 % TDP. Could this be the reason for that much of a temperature difference, does one card utilize more power in SLI, or is something else going on or is this normal?

Have you checked your thermal paste and TIM to see if its applied properly?

I have two GTX680's with XSPC full waterblocks and the water connecting bridges setup for parallel. The top card runs @ about 10 C higher than the bottom card. @ load the top card runs about 60 C and the bottom card runs @ about 50 C. Now' date=' I do see that in GPUZ the top card also shows the idle power consumption @ 11.4 % TDP Vs the lower card @ 10.5 % TDP. Could this be the reason for that much of a temperature difference, does one card utilize more power in SLI, or is something else going on or is this normal?[/quote']

Usually the top card will be working roughly 5 to 15% harder in games I've noticed. You could get MSI afterburner or EVGA precision X, setup the onscreen display and check out how much load the cards are under in game. I reckon that would be the reason.

I was having the same problem with my 2 X evga 670 superclocked gpus in sli,, the top card always ran about 4 to 8C cooler the the bottom. I did some reserch and It seems that this is the norm,

I have the same issue with my 6870's in Crossfire - the primary card always runs hotter then the secondary - as the primary card, it is doing more work. This is normal...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I have the same issue with my 6870's in Crossfire - the primary card always runs hotter then the secondary - as the primary card, it is doing more work. This is normal...
That makes sense, but aren;t they saying the opposite, and that upper one in the primary slot runs cooler?

Ummm... no? :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

LOL woops read the first post wrong.... :(