RX 460 being bottlenecked by an FX-8150?

Testcatt

Hi,

Do you guys think an FX-8150 could be bottlenecking an RX460? I know it's an old CPU (6 years old actually holy shit) but it's clocked decently high and has 4 physical cores.

Also according to some benchmarks the FX-8150 is often compared to the i5-3570k which i'm pretty sure shouldn't bottleneck an RX460.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Testcatt said:

Hi,

Do you guys think an FX-8150 could be bottlenecking an RX460? I know it's an old CPU (6 years old actually holy shit) but it's clocked decently high and has 4 physical cores.

Also according to some benchmarks the FX-8150 is often compared to the i5-3570k which i'm pretty sure shouldn't bottleneck an RX460.

Thoughts?

it all depends. what res are you playing at and what settings/game are you using?

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

3 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

it all depends. what res are you playing at and what settings/game are you using?

Not my machine, asking for a friend. But hes playing at 1080p and mostly playing PUBG on medium atm.

He's constantly getting framedrops but I just recommended him to buy a legal copy of W10 and reinstall everything.

Just now, Testcatt said:

Not my machine, asking for a friend. But hes playing at 1080p and mostly playing PUBG on medium atm.

He's constantly getting framedrops but I just recommended him to buy a legal copy of W10 and reinstall everything.

medium lol. i have a 480 and a 4460 and i play at medium with 50 fps. thats not gonna happen :P

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

2 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

medium lol. i have a 480 and a 4460 and i play at medium with 50 fps. thats not gonna happen :P

Yeah that's also what I told him but he's getting stupidly low drops, like in the 10s and 20s.

Just now, Testcatt said:

Yeah that's also what I told him but he's getting stupidly low drops, like in the 10s and 20s.

smooth cinematic experience, eh? 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Just now, Nickathom said:

smooth cinematic experience, eh? 

Haha, a stable 24fps and we could call it a cinematic experience.