good earbuds

darksoul43

i have the audio technica ath ckl220 but want to replace them as the left earbud is faulty, they sound good but not looking at something a bit better, i found the sennheiser cx300 ii but want to kno what else is out there

Glad you asked! 

I'm in love with my Marshall Mode earbuds:

https://www.amazon.com/Marshall-Headphones-Black-White-4090939/dp/B00OHVZTTK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496190452&sr=8-1&keywords=marshall+mode

These headphones are highly underrated. They're extremely comfy and stay in the ear. The mic works well and I really like the integrated clip. 

Keep in mind that they have a fun, boosted bass with forward mids and slightly muted highs. They sound very relaxed, warm and on the darker side. If you listen to a lot of indie, punk and rock music you'll really appreciate them because sharp guitar tones (think Ramones) won't make you feel tired. They make bad recordings sound good. They work best with most music, especially rock and hip hop. 

You say Audio Technica so I'm immediately thinking boosted treble. It's kinda their trademark. So you might find the Marshall Mode dull xD

It's just that it's the perfect earbud for me, because I can't stand boosted treble and poor-fitting earbuds that fall out of the ear. 

Here's an article you may find useful:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-100-in-ear-headphones/

Note that it's kinda out-of date. But the Marshall Mode is $40 now and that's amazing value. 

22 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

Save yourself some money and just buy these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/1924356_32417311324.html

Better than some $50 options on the market...

To be fair, some $50 options are bad. Also these earphones don't give you a seal so you have to crank up the volume to dangerous levels to hear anything. Just watch this video:

37 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

To be fair, some $50 options are bad. Also these earphones don't give you a seal so you have to crank up the volume to dangerous levels to hear anything. Just watch this video:

That video is useless, obviously with enough power almost any IEM, headphone, earphone, speaker, etc. can reach those levels.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:09 PM, kokakolia said:

Obviously anything you put into your ears is going to be unsafe if not used appropriately.

However, at moderate volume levels it's perfectly safe. And your statement about not having a seal so you have to "crank up the volume to dangerous levels to hear anything" is beyond false. I can hear everything just fine... I think I'll save myself the time and not watch the useless video you posted. The 2,000+ positive ratings provide enough justification.