upgrade!

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! It's again an UPGRADE TIME!!!! :)

So..... the things i want to upgrade are 

#1-ROUTER/MODEM

#2-ISP

#3-INTERNET PLAN

#4-MONITOR

#5-GPU

#6-PSU

#7-HDD

#8-NETWORK CABLE

The ISP and the INTERNET PLAN would be doing it myself! 

I just need help regarding the others. Budget max is 500$.(more or less)

I will upgrade from my first pc (specs in sig and profile)

Please recommend/suggest me good things :)

I don't care about others,but... It just should work fine witn my pc :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Is that celeron pc the pc you are using?

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

Is it 500$ for all eight things, except 2 and 3?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

meaow:3?

gtx titan meaow meaow :3?

The gtx titan doesn't have a very good price to performance ration

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

kinda . i know it's more!!

Is that celeron pc the pc you are using?

yes. i need the upgrade for that :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

An SSD is always a good upgrade for any computer that doesn't already have one. You can also get a hybrid drive like a seagate momentus XT if you need more storage and good performance if you don't want to get an SSD.

For the network cable, I assume you are looking for a twisted pair Ethernet cable RJ45. As far as categories are concerned CAT5e is all you really need, unless you are running the cable at really long distances or if you running a 10GbE in that case CAT6 is recommended but most people won't be doing that. Another thing... If plan to run the cable alongside power cables you might need to get a shielded cable, otherwise shielding is not needed.

kinda . i know it's more!!

yes. i need the upgrade for that :)

then you need a new CPU.  Chances are a Celeron will bottlekneck most graphics cards  But I would highly recommend an SSD, or a new CPU maybe.  Because you can get an SSD but if your CPU isn't fast (enough) you can't experience the full beauty of an SSD.  

Router/ Modem if your using ADSL this one is quite cheap and offers some pretty decent features http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/?categoryid=219&model=TD-W8960N

for the monitor, you've got 1080p and 720p, 720p: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/monitors/value-va-series/va1938wa-led.html    1080p: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/monitors/value-va-series/va2342-led.html

For the GPU, How about just crapping your celeron and getting an APU? sure you may need some high speed RAM, but that can be done in the future.  It will also allow you to get a fresh new look and motherboard too...  

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor   (Newegg combo with the Motherboard and CPU, save $25 - according to PC Part picker)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper A88X ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Storage: (I had to go for an SSD or a HDD, since you could do with some space and since an SSD is going to cost at least $100 for a 120GB, I went for a HDD) Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  

I'm not sure where to find or what cable your looking for so I left that out of it, tell me and I'll include it, if you disagree with this just tell me and I'll redo.   :)

Total cost: approx: $500 maybe something like $550 at max.   NOT including network cable.  

Second and Cheaper option:

Same router)

CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A85XM-HD3 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard

SSD: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

PSU: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

This will be approximately $450-$500 without the network cable.   (Note, if you add high speed RAM your gaming will improve since the GPU inside the APU uses system memory)

then you need a new CPU.  Chances are a Celeron will bottlekneck most graphics cards  But I would highly recommend an SSD, or a new CPU maybe.  Because you can get an SSD but if your CPU isn't fast (enough) you can't experience the full beauty of an SSD.  

Router/ Modem if your using ADSL this one is quite cheap and offers some pretty decent features http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/?categoryid=219&model=TD-W8960N

for the monitor, you've got 1080p and 720p, 720p: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/monitors/value-va-series/va1938wa-led.html    1080p: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/monitors/value-va-series/va2342-led.html

For the GPU, How about just crapping your celeron and getting an APU? sure you may need some high speed RAM, but that can be done in the future.  It will also allow you to get a fresh new look and motherboard too...  

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor   (Newegg combo with the Motherboard and CPU, save $25 - according to PC Part picker)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper A88X ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Storage: (I had to go for an SSD or a HDD, since you could do with some space and since an SSD is going to cost at least $100 for a 120GB, I went for a HDD) Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  

I'm not sure where to find or what cable your looking for so I left that out of it, tell me and I'll include it, if you disagree with this just tell me and I'll redo.   :)

Total cost: approx: $500 maybe something like $550 at max.   NOT including network cable.  

Second and Cheaper option:

Same router)

CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A85XM-HD3 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard

SSD: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

PSU: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

This will be approximately $450-$500 without the network cable.   (Note, if you add high speed RAM your gaming will improve since the GPU inside the APU uses system memory)

Thanks :) what's the difference between the those two apus that you mentioned? and can you also mention the gpu please? in both the builds:)

and...i have a cat5 cable and a cat6 cable :)  and i want twisted ethernet cable(if that's right) it should just work good :)

and as you said...can you also suggest a good ram please?

COMING SOON

Thanks :) what's the difference between the those two apus that you mentioned? and can you also mention the gpu please? in both the builds:)

and...i have a cat5 cable and a cat6 cable :)  and i want twisted ethernet cable(if that's right) it should just work good :)

and as you said...can you also suggest a good ram please?

There would be no need for a GPU with an APU.  An APU has the GPU build inside of it.  Which means it uses part of your system RAM as its video RAM.  So the difference between the APU's would be 1. The clock   2. The features and 3. the GPU build inside.  The a10 6800k is used in pretty much all Kill your console builds, the a10 5800k is pretty similar.  So for a GPU I would recommend a GTX 650 or AMD Radeon 7770.  However the Celeron since its a dual core or single core and doesn't have a good clock it would probably limit the GPU performance.  Or in other words, bottleneck it.   Which is why its important to get a decent CPU as well.  An AMD APU as I previously said is more of a value gaming option to have a GPU inside of a CPU.  Also keep in mind that the faster the memory you have, the faster the GPU inside of the APU will go.  So I would quite frankly recommend dishing out some more cash to get a pretty beast console killer or in other words value oriented gaming PC.  If you went up to about $600 - $650 you could get the first or second option plus some extra stuff like a RAM upgrade.  Since with a PC that old its hard to add new stuff to it and not run into performance issues.  However we can trim it down to $500, no sweat.  So for good RAM, you really need 1600mhz and up for an APU.  The higher you go the more performance but the more expense.  People think you need super high speed RAM for an APU.  Yet it can help but about 1866mhz is the sweet spot imo for an APU.  You've got 3 options for RAM.  Theres some decent Adata XPG 1600mhz, 4GB.  Gonna be enough, not the best but fine.  And it will cost about $30 you can also go with an 8GB kit of AMD RAM (to go with the awesome AMD APU ;) ) which is 1600mhz which will set you back $80 or for 8GB of 1866 memory by AMD as well will set you back only $10 more, $90.  (These prices are approximate) yet any RAM will really do, as long as its 1600mhz or above.  Some G-Skill Ripjawz would also suit quite well.  If you can also manage to set back $30 you can get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which will keep your APU nice and cool.  If you want to save on money we can always swap out the SSD for a 1TB seagate barracuda.  And I don't know of any cables like that.  So I'll leave that up to you or the others.  Hope this helps :)

There would be no need for a GPU with an APU.  An APU has the GPU build inside of it.  Which means it uses part of your system RAM as its video RAM.  So the difference between the APU's would be 1. The clock   2. The features and 3. the GPU build inside.  The a10 6800k is used in pretty much all Kill your console builds, the a10 5800k is pretty similar.  So for a GPU I would recommend a GTX 650 or AMD Radeon 7770.  However the Celeron since its a dual core or single core and doesn't have a good clock it would probably limit the GPU performance.  Or in other words, bottleneck it.   Which is why its important to get a decent CPU as well.  An AMD APU as I previously said is more of a value gaming option to have a GPU inside of a CPU.  Also keep in mind that the faster the memory you have, the faster the GPU inside of the APU will go.  So I would quite frankly recommend dishing out some more cash to get a pretty beast console killer or in other words value oriented gaming PC.  If you went up to about $600 - $650 you could get the first or second option plus some extra stuff like a RAM upgrade.  Since with a PC that old its hard to add new stuff to it and not run into performance issues.  However we can trim it down to $500, no sweat.  So for good RAM, you really need 1600mhz and up for an APU.  The higher you go the more performance but the more expense.  People think you need super high speed RAM for an APU.  Yet it can help but about 1866mhz is the sweet spot imo for an APU.  You've got 3 options for RAM.  Theres some decent Adata XPG 1600mhz, 4GB.  Gonna be enough, not the best but fine.  And it will cost about $30 you can also go with an 8GB kit of AMD RAM (to go with the awesome AMD APU ;) ) which is 1600mhz which will set you back $80 or for 8GB of 1866 memory by AMD as well will set you back only $10 more, $90.  (These prices are approximate) yet any RAM will really do, as long as its 1600mhz or above.  Some G-Skill Ripjawz would also suit quite well.  If you can also manage to set back $30 you can get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which will keep your APU nice and cool.  If you want to save on money we can always swap out the SSD for a 1TB seagate barracuda.  And I don't know of any cables like that.  So I'll leave that up to you or the others.  Hope this helps :)

Then should i just build a new pc for 700$?(approx.)

I will use the peripherals that i'm using currently for that pc :) 

a case,whatever fits inside the case and the os ,all for 700$. 

COMING SOON

What country do you live in? If you live in the UK, I'd recommend BT as your ISP.

Compatible with Windows 95

Then should i just build a new pc for 700$?(approx.)

I will use the peripherals that i'm using currently for that pc :)

a case,whatever fits inside the case and the os ,all for 700$. 

I'll see what I can do, you don't need to build a PC at all. But you may need to upgrade allot of components.  Due to compatibility issues and speed issues etc. 

APU Based Build (Balanced for speed and for super fast compute performance)  NOTE: if the prices change and it becomes to expensive, take away the SSD. You can also take away the SSD and make the APU a a10 6800k for some extra graphical performance)

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Mobo: Asus F2A85-M PRO Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard

RAM: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory (Note: This memory is going to make that APU go nuts with speed!)

SSD: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)    

Intel based Build:  NOTE: won't perform as good in certain scenarios.  (And yet still costs $750! so this is why I don't recommend Intel and Nvidia for Budgets, but its all your choice man)

CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

RAM: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 650 1GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I would quite personally go for the AMD build for 3 reasons:

1. It has an SSD which can make compute performance faster

2. can be upgraded to a better APU at any time

3. Has 8GB of RAM, higher quality motherboard and an optical drive + its cheaper!  If you want me to change anything or help out with anything at all, feel free to ask :)

EDIT: I've added an another build which is  more but offers pure gaming performance.   

Pure gaming: 

CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper A88X ATX FM2+ Motherboard (its a motherboard made for overclocking and gaming)

RAM: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (fast and stable hard drive, offers ton of space and good warranty.   Most medium gaming rigs go with this drive)

Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case (nice and sleek, I see you have a Macbook pro and therefore assume you like the look of it)

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (great value, silverstone makes bloody good power supplies too)

DVD RW: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer (Why not?)

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

I'll see what I can do, you don't need to build a PC at all. But you may need to upgrade allot of components.  Due to compatibility issues and speed issues etc. 

APU Based Build (Balanced for speed and for super fast compute performance)  NOTE: if the prices change and it becomes to expensive, take away the SSD. You can also take away the SSD and make the APU a a10 6800k for some extra graphical performance)

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Mobo: Asus F2A85-M PRO Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard

RAM: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory (Note: This memory is going to make that APU go nuts with speed!)

SSD: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Intel based Build:  NOTE: won't perform as good in certain scenarios.  (And yet still costs $750! so this is why I don't recommend Intel and Nvidia for Budgets, but its all your choice man)

CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

RAM: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 650 1GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I would quite personally go for the AMD build for 3 reasons:

1. It has an SSD which can make compute performance faster

2. can be upgraded to a better APU at any time

3. Has 8GB of RAM, higher quality motherboard and an optical drive + its cheaper!  If you want me to change anything or help out with anything at all, feel free to ask :)

EDIT: I've added an another build which is  more but offers pure gaming performance.   

Pure gaming: 

CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper A88X ATX FM2+ Motherboard (its a motherboard made for overclocking and gaming)

RAM: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (fast and stable hard drive, offers ton of space and good warranty.   Most medium gaming rigs go with this drive)

Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case (nice and sleek, I see you have a Macbook pro and therefore assume you like the look of it)

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (great value, silverstone makes bloody good power supplies too)

DVD RW: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer (Why not?)

gpu is important to me.So.... i would like if you add a gpu in the 1st and the 2nd amd build. no problem if it's not so... demanding or famous or decent card. just need a card. i can extend the budget to 800$ if i can get a gpu in 100$ for those builds. and.. will a 7770 work for the amd build? 

COMING SOON

gpu is important to me.So.... i would like if you add a gpu in the 1st and the 2nd amd build. no problem if it's not so... demanding or famous or decent card. just need a card. i can extend the budget to 800$ if i can get a gpu in 100$ for those builds. and.. will a 7770 work for the amd build? 

The APU has graphics in it, so we could a get a CPU without any graphics in it so the Graphics card could handle all the graphics. 

If you want an R7 260x (best for gaming compared to the 7770) it will set you back about $750 (about $650 without the OS)

This build has:

CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor (quad core, great value)

Mobo: Asus F2A85-M PRO Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard (great value for the money)

RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (good quality for the money)

GPU: Asus Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card (great value for money, contains AMD true audo and Mantle... so you'll get great gaming performance from this card!)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (looks pretty good and has a window so you can see all your beastly components working thier butts off lol)

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (you really cant go wrong with this)

DVDRW: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

If you want a more balanced build heres one with a 7770 (still an amazing card but not AS good)  NOTE: feel free to add or remove things or whatever.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor

Mobo: Asus F2A85-M PRO Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - tons of space and speed for the money

GPU: Asus Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card - great card for the money, really nice and cool

Wifi adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter - figured you might wanna go to a lan party or set this rig up in your lounge.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case - its a great case really nice and quiet if you want that and will allow for upgrades

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply - I use this in all the builds which need 500w, because its modular, really solid and is nice and quiet too.

DVDRW: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

also too, about the peripherals, I would get a new keyboard and mouse, just a cheap set.  They only cost about $10 and will be able to work with this build, since as computers get newer and newer older hardware becomes incompatible, and also too... allot of the ports used for older peripherals such as those purple and green circle ports are gone from most motherboards now.  If you are nervous about building a PC there are some websites that actually make PCs and then send them out.  Not the best way in my opinion but they are upgradable and fully customizable.  

EDIT: I know you can stretch your budget, although I made up those builds cheaper than $800 so you can add an SSD, or wifi adapter, or some other stuff if you wish.  A 128GB Adata Premier pro SSD will set you back about $100 a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO will set you back about $125 or something.  I also recommend if you want to add antivirus software to the build although I recommend free antivirus software.  

I'm an AVG hall of famer on the AVG Facebook page, so I have experience with all the antivirus stuff.  So if you have questions about that feel free to ask :)