RGB help

Sy90

Hey everyone. Trying to install some RGB led strips to my work accessory cart (imagine a mini fridge) without creating a rats nest in the back.

Right now I've got 2 strips on each section of the door, 2 in the main compartment on the sides and one in the top drawer. That's all fine but connecting them all to one controller is madness in the back of the cart and is easily disconnected. Basically I've got 2 4 way splitters. each of the rgb strips have a 4 pin extension going to an in on the splitter which are both connected to each other and then one outputs to the rgb controller rx and finally to the power adapter. 

Looking for a more robust solution than just 2 splitters mashed together because right now it looks like something Linus would have done :P. I can solder if need be but not sure what the best way to connect everything would be. 

Can take pics if it helps. Thanks

4 hours ago, Sy90 said:

Hey everyone. Trying to install some RGB led strips to my work accessory cart (imagine a mini fridge) without creating a rats nest in the back.

Right now I've got 2 strips on each section of the door, 2 in the main compartment on the sides and one in the top drawer. That's all fine but connecting them all to one controller is madness in the back of the cart and is easily disconnected. Basically I've got 2 4 way splitters. each of the rgb strips have a 4 pin extension going to an in on the splitter which are both connected to each other and then one outputs to the rgb controller rx and finally to the power adapter. 

Looking for a more robust solution than just 2 splitters mashed together because right now it looks like something Linus would have done :P. I can solder if need be but not sure what the best way to connect everything would be. 

Can take pics if it helps. Thanks

Welcome to the Forums!

Depending on the cable runs and how long they are you can wire the LED's in series with a cable section in between instead of splitting it for every single run, maybe have two runs.