need help! School Assignmet: online shopping service

Go to solution Solved by madknight3,

SQLite is a popular option for this.

edit: I misread your question. If your website is just client side then I don't think this will work.

Take a look at this: StackOverflow: I need a client side browser database. What are my options

edit 2: Actually, it seems like SQLite may actually be possible to use after all.

StackOverflow: Is it possible to access an SQLite database from JavaScript?

Alright I need to make a online shopping service kind of like eBay for a school IT assignment. I've already got most of the template done, including the front page but I want to include a database to it, which should allow me to add or modify listings. Apparently you need a webserver to accomplish this, but our school's network does not allow local severs. Is there a way of adding a database to a website, stored locally without a webserver.

Sorry if this post does not make much sense, I do not have much experience with website development.

Cheers.

edit: I misread your question. If your website is just client side then I don't think this will work.

Take a look at this: StackOverflow: I need a client side browser database. What are my options

edit 2: Actually, it seems like SQLite may actually be possible to use after all.

Just now, madknight3 said:

Does it need to be installed on the machine the website is in? If so it wont work as the teacher would be marking the assignment on a different computer. 

SQLite is just a normal file you add with a special formatting done by code or a program that understands it.

Simply create a file called something like "database.db" and you are ready to work with it.

It probably score some points since most people will do it in text or csv files if they cant use SQL servers.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

2 minutes ago, WindowsXP16 said:

Does it need to be installed on the machine the website is in? If so it wont work as the teacher would be marking the assignment on a different computer. 

My mistake. See my edit

10 minutes ago, madknight3 said:

Thankyou very much, this is just what I needed.

2 hours ago, madknight3 said:

I love the turns this answer took lol