AKG K712 Pro hurts my ears. Buying advice

Darkmatter35

My first professional headphones were the AKG Q701's and once those broke after three years of continuous use, I bought the K712's. I love the sound clarity from these two models but they lack the bass and sometimes the wide frequency range will hurt my ears. My ears began to become very sensitive so I started using my speakers instead and that helped a lot. I went back to them a month ago and the pain kicked back in immediately. 

I will be looking to sell my K712's soon so I wanted to see if I could get some recommendations from the community. Some music I listen to is rap music (Kendrick Lamar mainly), electronic/indie rock (Pheonix), and classics from David Bowie and MJ. So basically I would like clarity all around the spectrum without sacrificing bass response, if that even exists. 

Been listening to my Shure se215s when I travel and the only thing I don't like about them is that they have a small static issue. But since I got Spotify premium the issue lessened a bit. 

Fidelio x2 maybe? i dont know how you hurt your ear or which part of your ear hurts because K712 earpads are humongous in the first place

5 minutes ago, xtroria said:

Fidelio x2 maybe? i dont know how you hurt your ear or which part of your ear hurts because K712 earpads are humongous in the first place

oh no like I hurt my actual ear drums. My left ear especially is very sensitive

Maybe some HD650, they have a more easy going sound, while still offering lots of detail.

Also if you are in EU, then I could maybe take the K712 of your hands, but only for a good price.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

19 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Maybe some HD650, they have a more easy going sound, while still offering lots of detail.

Also if you are in EU, then I could maybe take the K712 of your hands, but only for a good price.

Not in the EU, but I am looking to sell

3 hours ago, Darkmatter35 said:

Not in the EU, but I am looking to sell

Yeah then I can't buy....

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.