RGB help

Kill3rblack

So i bought a set of HD120 RGB with a controller and the Lighting node pro. Is there any way to interconnect the two modules together for synchronized lighting?

My Rig: | CPU: Core i7-8086k @ 4.9 GHz | Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z370 | CPU Cooler: (some coolermaster one that probably should have been retired several years ago) | Case: Corsair 570x | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

4 minutes ago, Kill3rblack said:

So i bought a set of HD120 RGB with a controller and the Lighting node pro. Is there any way to interconnect the two modules together for synchronized lighting?

Yes you can wire them together, the node pro should come with a cable to interface the RGB hub to the node unit. 

well i thought that too, the Fan hub has 6 4pin fan connectors and *a* 3 pin connector which connects to a switch, the node pro has 2 3pin connectors and the usb for the motherboard headers. now when interconnected it shorted out...

My Rig: | CPU: Core i7-8086k @ 4.9 GHz | Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z370 | CPU Cooler: (some coolermaster one that probably should have been retired several years ago) | Case: Corsair 570x | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

12 minutes ago, Kill3rblack said:

well i thought that too, the Fan hub has 6 4pin fan connectors and *a* 3 pin connector which connects to a switch, the node pro has 2 3pin connectors and the usb for the motherboard headers. now when interconnected it shorted out...

Sounds like a dud unit or something was done incorrectly, they have an interconnect cable that hooks the RGB hub from the fans to the node that are keyed so they can't go in the wrong way. I would contact corsair and see about opening up an RMA.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-lighting-node-pro

• 2x HD RGB LED fan hub adapter cable

Edited by W-L