Novice installing wifi acess point, what to do and know before

Hi.

So, I was at my parents place, and noticed that their wifi signal was gone in one end of the house and completely fine in the other end. They have their router from the internet company installed in the furthest away corner. I talked to them about setting up an access point, and remembered LTT had a review of the Upiquiti access point. 

To me it seems like a solid product that can run without much maintenance after installation. I know how to set it all up. That is no issue..

My issue is I don't know if there is any traps or steps I have to be aware of setting up the software for the internet.?

Is there a good guide out there, or do you guys have any advice for me? 

thanks.

ps. sorry for bad english, I'm danish ;)

Ubiquiti access points are very simple to set up. For the most part you just plug everything in, go through some very simple setup processes (things like setting the SSID and Password), then you're done. There are quite a lot of options you can get into, such as setting up Guest SSIDs, changing the channel and such. There's also some more advanced options for setting up groups and zero-handoff among multiple Unifi access points, but if you're just installing one you don't need to worry about that. 

Thanks.. Sounds awesome.. I believe I should be able to set it up then :) Thanks a lot

Additional note from personal experience:

Make a quick search for every setting that you don't understand right away - if the explanation appears overly technical - you probably don't need to know that.

Stuff that seems interesting - read on.

Not implying that you're not qualified to learn about this - just that most often that hardware either sets itself up properly through a wizard under your control - or already has a "recommended' setting which you should avoid changing for fear of needing to reset it (after it no longer connects, or starts to glitch) and start all over again.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB