Rate My PC

I would like you all to rate my system. It is only a few months old:

CPU: i57500 (No ryzen cause it wasent out yet)

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

Motherboard: Asus Prime B250M (Cause i dont need 2 GPU, and i like the look fo ra micro gtx)

16 GB Ram (Is branded but i forgot)

Case: Deep Cool Tesseract (For the LED's)

PSU: 600W Bronze Cert EVGA

There u go.

Unknown PSU -1, judging by the name it is most likely an EVGA 600B

Blue case +1

Micro ATX on an ATX board -1

GTX 1060 without stating vram to avoid the disappointment of 1060 3gb -1

The case that comes up on top of popular case in pcpp -1

16GB of RAM seems too much and it has no brand -1

6/10 if my math is right

Why i5 when there are Ryzen 5 CPUs
GTX 1060 6GB or 3GB

What's the PSU model?
Where's HDD and SSD?

6/10

Edited by ZM Fong

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Hard-drive/SSD??

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: Asrock AB350 Pro4 | Ram: G.Skill Trident Z (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Intel 545s Series 256GB M.2 (SATA) SSD/Western Digital WD Blue 1TB/Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | Case: NZXT S340 Black Case | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Operating System: Windows 11 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini White MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Headphones: Astro A50 Gen 2 | Mic: Rode NT-USB | IEMS: KZ ZSN Pro X

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Why i5 when there are Ryzen 5 CPUs

few months old

Just now, Benjji said:

Hard-drive/SSD??

oh so that's what 16gb of ram are for

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Unknown PSU -1, judging by the name it is most likely an EVGA 600B

Blue case +1

Micro ATX on an ATX board -1

GTX 1060 without stating vram to avoid the disappointment of 1060 3gb -1

The case that comes up on top of popular case in pcpp -1

16GB of RAM seems too much and it has no brand -1

6/10 if my math is right

i edited the topic, i do have a 6gb card, i use 16gb ram for video editing, i like the slim profile of a microaxt, and the PSu is evga.

9 minutes ago, AimShootFire said:

Snip

Are you looking for validation? if you're happy with the system, what else matters?

Considering its a few months old and some perhaps slightly better options are currently available (otherwise I may have suggested R5 1400 instead of i5 7500 and RX580 instead of 1060) its actually a pretty decent system. Based on the approximate budget of this build I may have suggested dropping to 8GB of RAM instead of having 16GB so you would have a few extra dollars to invest in storage options or perhaps a better case.... but other than that its actually a pretty well rounded build. Tough to say exactly since we don't know precisely what your storage options are, your exact model of PSU, or any peripherals.... buuut even so this looks like a fairly well rounded PC. I might have gone with an mATX case for your mATX board... but that is semantics at this point.

1 minute ago, AimShootFire said:

i edited the topic, i do have a 6gb card, i use 16gb ram for video editing, i like the slim profile of a microaxt, and the PSu is evga.

600b1 or 600w1?

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

Are you looking for validation? Considering its a few months old and some perhaps slightly better options are currently available (otherwise I may have suggested R5 1400 instead of i5 7500 and RX580 instead of 1060) its actually a pretty decent system. Based on the approximate budget of this build I may have suggested dropping to 8GB of RAM instead of having 16GB so you would have a few extra dollars to invest in storage options or perhaps a better case.... but other than that its actually a pretty well rounded build. Tough to say exactly since we don't know precisely what your storage options are, your exact model of PSU, or any peripherals.... buuut even so this looks like a fairly well rounded PC. I might have gone with an mATX case for your mATX board... but that is semantics at this point.

I have decided not to upgrade atm because the FPS im getting is very good.  I chose the 16gb of ram because i do some light video creation. The storage atm is not good. Im upgrading very soon though. SOme of my peripherals are: Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma, Razer Abyss 2014 (Upgrading), Rig 500 headset.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

600b1 or 600w1?

600b1

Ur fine it might be ur peripherals that are causing u to be unsatisfied?

Just now, sharknado34 said:

Ur fine it might be ur peripherals that are causing u to be unsatisfied?

Im not unsatisfied at all, infact my peripherals are good: Razer Balckwidow TE Chroma, Razer Abyss 2014 (Upgrading), Rig 500 Headset.

Just now, AimShootFire said:

Im not unsatisfied at all, infact my peripherals are good: Razer Balckwidow TE Chroma, Razer Abyss 2014 (Upgrading), Rig 500 Headset.

Monitor?

Just now, AimShootFire said:

I have decided not to upgrade atm because the FPS im getting is very good.  I chose the 16gb of ram because i do some light video creation. The storage atm is not good. Im upgrading very soon though. SOme of my peripherals are: Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma, Razer Abyss 2014 (Upgrading), Rig 500 headset.

well there you go. You did your research and got exactly the components you needed for exactly the right reasons then. Your fps is making you happy and you seem satisfied with your investment. Even the 600B1 PSU, although not the best PSU on the market, isn't out of place in your build either and is right in line with the kind of unit one might buy with your build/budget.

Things could obviously be better, but nothing could be monumentally better without merely investing monumentally more money into it.

Just now, Zyndo said:

well there you go. You did your research and got exactly the components you needed for exactly the right reasons then. Your fps is making you happy and you seem satisfied with your investment. Even the 600B1 PSU, although not the best PSU on the market, isn't out of place in your build either and is right in line with the kind of unit one might buy with your build/budget.

Things could obviously be better, but nothing could be monumentally better without merely investing monumentally more money into it.

Amen

Just now, sharknado34 said:

U game on that? Is it an htpc? 

It was just a joke dude lol, its 22K.

1 minute ago, AimShootFire said:

It was just a joke dude lol, its 22K.

I was gonna say... Why did u post this though are u getting stuttering in PC games? I guess what I mean is why we're u considering upgrading?

1 minute ago, sharknado34 said:

I was gonna say... Why did u post this though are u getting stuttering in PC games? I guess what I mean is why we're u considering upgrading?

I never said i was going to upgrade, and no, im nto getting stuttering.