Reccomend Case

Tia

Hey all,

i thought about getting a new Case with the next money.

I'm using an old case from 2008, which has bad airflow and the psu at the top...

As I'm a student i could only afford something like up to 50 or maybe 60€, pls make reccomendations for that.

My needs are basicly:

-good airflow

-maybe cable management to stuff away all the cables (i sadly dont have a modular psu)

-doesnt have to have usb3.0 at the front bec. i can use the adapter out of my case

-some decent fans already installed (as i just have some random fans installed)

-midi or full tower, i dunno if full has advantages i dont know off

-nothing fance, i dont rly need a side panel window or something, its staying under my desk, i want a case for performance for a good price.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you all, Tia

Corsair Spec-02 or NZXT S340? They should be around that price range. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The Corsair SPEC series are really good budget cases. I know multiple people who have the SPEC-01 and 02 and they don't regret buying it. I believe it comes with LED fans also but I may be wrong about that.

I would look at a case from BeQuiet!. They have good cable management, great fans pre-installed and have amazing airflow.

40 minutes ago, Peter Boyle said:

The Corsair SPEC series are really good budget cases. I know multiple people who have the SPEC-01 and 02 and they don't regret buying it. I believe it comes with LED fans also but I may be wrong about that.

Yup. They have one red fan preinstalled on the front of the SPEC-01 and 02 (I've got the Spec-02, as I could barely afford it with the money I had at the time, and it has 2 USB 3.0 port on the front, vs one on the SPEC-01). The SPEC-03 comes in white, red, and blue I think. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Spec-03 is on sale for 40$ US on newegg right now. There's also the Carbide 200R (Also on sale for 40$) (Same layout diffrent front panel). If you like a more subdued look. 

i rly like the Spec-03. the holes at the back where the card backs stick out, are they supposed to be open? or what are these?

The two round things above the cards? That's for external water-cooling. But they can also be useful for passing cables externally from your motherboard. They rarely ever get used outside of whole room water-cooling and external radiators.

IMO they are kinda useless but most cases have them. 

1 hour ago, KazerTheKeen said:

The two round things above the cards? That's for external water-cooling. But they can also be useful for passing cables externally from your motherboard. They rarely ever get used outside of whole room water-cooling and external radiators.

IMO they are kinda useless but most cases have them. 

nah the card slots where you have the plugs  when you for example put in an graphics card or a ethernet card, isnt that bad when the unused slots have holes in the coverup?

Venting the expansion slot covers is pretty standard. It helps with airflow and prevents a deadzone between the GPU and power supply. If you really want solid pci covers they are about 5$ on Amazon. The specs slot covers, while they do have larger than average ventilation, can be put back which is nice as some cases just have a metal popout covers that aren't replaceable and those suck.

yeah, i used  different cards with 2 motherboards and i have like 5 of these covers that i had to pop out, i used parcel tape to close these gaps. how much do you think will my temps drop with that new case? i will get payed in a few days and are able to buy then, thinking about saving the money for a cpu water cooler or something maybe? i dunno which has priority^^ i think it would have some lower temps even just bec. of the psu not blowing hot air into the case, am i right? so should i go get that case, also should i get additional fans? if yes, any suggestions on which type of fans? i've got a b-product store that sells fans for 5€ but im not sure if they do know which type of cooler is suitable for what^^ im newbie in hardware stuff pls explain if you could ;)

oh yeah right, about the watercooling of the cpu, what would be a good starter to do that?, or is that even possible in this case? or do i have to choose another one if i wanna do liquid cooling somewhen?

ty for the quick answers btw^^

If you want quick answers that rely less on getting lucky link someone with @ or quote then so they get a notification.

A PSU generally sucks air in through the fan. So having your PSU not a part of the case air flow is mostly beneficial for the PSU as it's then not sucking in hot air.

In terms of temperature changes a change in cases will have it's really hard to say what effect a different case will have. Its not something intuitive as it has a lot to do with both how much airflows through the case and how it moves through the case. The spec seems average in this regard.

The spec doesn't support water-cooling very well though with only a 120mm radiator fitting, as you can find on it's product page. The size of the radiator largely determines the cooling capacity of the liquid cooled loop. So if you got the spec you'd probably be better off air cooling.

It's hard to say what you should get without knowing what you have. Have you used pc part picker any? If you make your build in there and share it I can give better advice. Or just describe it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CnVN4C

this is my parts, without the external stuff.

i can make pics of my case and the internals of the case tomorrow maybe.

The psu is actually blowing air to the bottom. air intake at the back where the power cable and power switch is. air exhaust to the bottom, which is in my case the case^^ word joke hehe