Amp Dac

Wingfan
11 hours ago, Dackzy said:

oh god wtf happened in here? You downgraded quite a bit from going OG fulla to a E10k, there is a reason why I don't have it recommended in my thread about these things..... Oh well.....

It's only slightly more powerful and more money spent on miniscule differences.

Just now, Zweihander said:

It's only slightly more powerful and more money spent on miniscule differences.

there is more than power to this m8. If power was all then a lot of higher end amps would be shit because they top out at 250mw or something like that and then the ones that can push maybe 5w would be god level. The actual quality of the fulla is higher than a E10k.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

there is more than power to this m8. If power was all then a lot of higher end amps would be shit because they top out at 250mw or something like that and then the ones that can push maybe 5w would be god level. The actual quality of the fulla is higher than a E10k.

Hmm, does this variant depend upon user preference and musical selection?

I think everyone has different ears.

1 minute ago, Zweihander said:

Hmm, does this variant depend upon user preference and musical selection?

I think everyone has different ears.

I am talking about the actual quality of the audio that comes out, better separation and a bit more detail in the OG fulla. So no, not personal.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I am talking about the actual quality of the audio that comes out, better separation and a bit more detail in the OG fulla. So no, not personal.

The audio from the E10K is pretty good, from what I've experienced.

It also has a gain switch, line-out and digital-out which might be useful if he's including additional gear. Again, everyone has a different setup and different ears.

If he's expecting a night and day difference between the two, he'll be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

The audio from the E10K is pretty good, from what I've experienced.

It also has a gain switch, line-out and digital-out which might be useful if he's including additional gear. Again, everyone has a different setup and different ears.

If he's expecting a night and day difference between the two, he'll be disappointed.

not really, if it was like 30$ cheaper then I would agree.

This has jack shit to do with personal preference, this is all about the actual audio quality, sure if you like lower audio quality then I guess it has something to do with personal preference.

it has digital coaxial out, but the people who are going to use that would be better served with a dedicated DDC (digital to digital converter) that is cheaper and just as good, plus there isn't much gear that only uses coaxial anymore. The line out is neat, I will give you that.

Sure it won't be night and day difference, but why get something that is inferior?