OBS and XSplit on Dual CPU systems

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any experience streaming 1080p30 or 1080p60 on a dual CPU system encoding in H.264 with either program?

I am considering slapping together an ultra scrapyard dual LGA 1366 system with two X56xx CPUs (12 cores, 24 threads) to encode a stream from another computer, however if the 2nd core isnt utilized properly it wouldn't be as much value as trying to get say, a E5-2650 v1 scrapyard server with 1 CPU (8 cores, 16 threads) and more cores per CPU, but less threads overall. The dual X56xx route is actually cheaper and easier to configure other parts for, and seems to bench the same or better in synthetic benches that fully utilize both CPUs.

Does anyone have any experience trying to encode streams with two CPUs? I was only able to dig up 2 old threads via google search but they're over 2 years old and not using similar hardware either.

It wouldn't be a massive disappointment if stream encoding did not use the 2nd CPU for me, however, as I will be editing and exporting video with it and I have been assured that both CPUs will definitely be used in that scenario, and considering how ridiculously cheap dual LGA 1366 is, I may just go that route anyways.