Difference Between two ATX Terminals?

Revan654
Go to solution Solved by Revan654,

Never Mind. I figured it out.

6981Eqj.jpg

uQyqsap.jpg

I have these two terminal sets. Each is a bit different. I was wondering if anyone know what the real difference really is & what one I should be using?

One came from Singularity computers & the other from Ice-Modz.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

I have no need of the knowledge but you've peaked my curiosity what is the difference?

23 minutes ago, KazerTheKeen said:

I have no need of the knowledge but you've peaked my curiosity what is the difference?

The first one is made by JMT(Much higher quality to what most places sell). It's design for 16-18 AWG wiring. Where others are usually designed for 18 AWG.

JMT is designed for there own housing. JMT housing is very high quality compared what is sold at most stores. Plus it's the same housing you get in the high end PSU from EVGA or Corsair.

I always use JMT housing(Don't buy it from Moddiy they overcharge you). It's a bit harder to get ahold of JMT terminals. I only seen one store who sells to the public.

As someone who's planning on custom sleeving for their next build that's more relevant than I thought it would be.

22 hours ago, KazerTheKeen said:

As someone who's planning on custom sleeving for their next build that's more relevant than I thought it would be.

The wider the wing span, The thicker the wire/wires you can get into terminal. It's helpful to get widest if your going to double crimp/daisy chain your wires instead of soldering them(The ATX cable requires three double crimp wires/solder wires). Double crimping the wires does get difficult specially once you apply the sleeving over it & then try to get it into the connector hole(It's impossible with 16AWG, 18AWG is more doable, I would pick solder over double crimp). It also removes the option to use cable combs too.

If you have the option I would buy Young Yak or JMT terminals. You can also buy terminals from mouser.com from Molex (Officially made terminals).

Also when buying supplies gold plated terminals are preferred due to a few reason, but there a bit more expensive(usually about 0.20 more per terminal/strip). You always want to get copper wire with tin plated when buying wire. 2.4mm thick wires are easier to form, there are also 2mm wire for both 16 & 18 AWG.

You Can a look at my one build log, All my cables are custom made by me from PSU to USB & fan cables.