Corsair H100i in push pull with included fans and HD120

Jerped

I will go straight to the point. I want to know if push pull with different model of fans is good or not?

I would use the included fans in push and put some HD120 in pull.

They don' have the same specs though:

Corsair HD120

Airflow                          54.4 CFM

Static Pressure            2.25 mmH20

Sound Level                18-30 dBA

Speed                          800 - 1725 +/- 10%

Corsair H100I v2 fans:

Fan airflow                   70.69 CFM

Fan static pressure      4.65 mmH2O

Fan noise level            37.7 dB(A)

Fan speed                    2435 +/- 10% RPM

Do you think it's a good idea?

Put the stronger fans in pull - and weaker ones in push. This way you will avoid getting air stuck in the radiator due to imbalance.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

5 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Put the stronger fans in pull - and weaker ones in push. This way you will avoid getting air stuck in the radiator due to imbalance.

Otherwise do you think only using the HD ones will make a big difference vs your recommended configuration or only the original fans? 

5 minutes ago, Jerped said:

Otherwise do you think only using the HD ones will make a big difference vs your recommended configuration or only the original fans? 

I set up my push pull on a regular h100 using the original fans + 2x SP120. The benefit of such a setup is that even slower rotations (less noise) - you still get enough heat dissipation.

So if you can fit 2 extra fans, try it out. Much easier to remove the two extra afterward - than adding them later.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

I have corsair af white leds as push, to light up my case and nzxt on the other side in pull on my 8350. temps are fine.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

13 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

I set up my push pull on a regular h100 using the original fans + 2x SP120. The benefit of such a setup is that even slower rotations (less noise) - you still get enough heat dissipation.

So if you can fit 2 extra fans, try it out. Much easier to remove the two extra.

Yeah I will try that ^^

13 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

I have corsair af white leds as push, to light up my case and nzxt on the other side in pull on my 8350. temps are fine.

the goal was to have the radiator in the top of my case as exhaust, with the HD fans pulling (for RGB sex appeal ;) ) and the stock fans pushing (for that extra powa)

OH WAITTTTTT

I just noticed that if I put the rad in the top, it will be SP120 fans instead of HD. The specs are almost the same though:

Airflow                    52 CFM

Static Pressure       1.45 mmH20

Sound Level           26 dBA

Speed                     1400 +/- 10%

Edited by Jerped
changed the fan,