GPU running hot

RoflWaffles02

I have a Sapphire Nitro RX 480 in my pc, and it constantly runs at 80 degrees C when playing even the lightest game.  Ive got 2 intake fans and 1 output fan in my pc, but it runs hot all the time.  Not sure what the problem is.

4 minutes ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

I have a Sapphire Nitro RX 480 in my pc, and it constantly runs at 80 degrees C when playing even the lightest game.  Ive got 2 intake fans and 1 output fan in my pc, but it runs hot all the time.  Not sure what the problem is.

my gtx 970 runs 84°C on 2000rpm fan speed when the case is warmer which is really loud. Considering ur card has a higher tdp, then its not a big deal really. The s´tock r9 290x and 390x cards with the plastic reference cooler were somtimes getting 90°c on stock profile according to some users

hehe and I get annoyed if my 1080 gets to 62C xD

Wanna know how to solve it?

w5CiTbl.jpg?2

:ph34r:

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

Can you tell us, please, what's are fan rpm at that moment and if there's a permormance cap due to voltage ot temp limit (all can be seen in gpu-z)?

3 hours ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

it runs hot because its fans are going as low as they can. just make a custom curve

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

2 hours ago, paprikman said:

Can you tell us, please, what's are fan rpm at that moment and if there's a permormance cap due to voltage ot temp limit (all can be seen in gpu-z)?

Right now its only running at 700 rpm, but it ramps up when under load, to about 1800

8 hours ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

Right now its only running at 700 rpm, but it ramps up when under load, to about 1800

As @Nickathom said, you can try setting your own fan curve in afterburner, but if you're getting it at auto settings, it should be fine.

And again, as I posted before, the most important thing is that you don't have any performance cap. Just run gpu-z 'sensors' tab while playing something and check 'perfcap' graph. If it's 'util', then you are 100% fine.

I have an old gtx 760 and it's getting at least 82-85 C in all games, whilst perfcap shows me constant thermal or voltage throttling - I do have problems with this card. This is an example of how bad things look :)

P.S. I'm currently looking to buy sapphire rx 480, so I'm kind 'a 'interested' in your problem :D