First time builder, no experience with pc's.

Hey guys, just hoping if you could tell me if this build is overkill and not necessary or if that it is fine. If you can, please tell me what I can do to fix it. Thank you!

I honestly don't know. It did not link I guess lol, swear I did.

2 minutes ago, Ajcheech said:

I honestly don't know. It did not link I guess lol, swear I did.

quote people, link it again 

5 minutes ago, Ajcheech said:

Hey guys, just hoping if you could tell me if this build is overkill and not necessary or if that it is fine. If you can, please tell me what I can do to fix it. Thank you!https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8CTknn

Oh ok. Literattly have no idea what that means but i will do research.

drop the antivirus, use window defender+ ublock+ adblocker+ malware byte if you need it and commonsense  

get a rx580 8gb or 1070 if you can afford it, those are better than an 1060.

I would recommend a better case (cable management) I recommend a phanteks p400  and get a less expensive ssd

Just now, Ajcheech said:

Essentially, that graphics card will not be able to take full advantage of the amount of frames that monitor can push when playing demanding games.

Just now, Ajcheech said:

It means that your card is too weak to fulfill the monitor's potential

7 minutes ago, Ajcheech said:

You can get windows for 20$ on kingwin.com  and you might want to go down to an i5 7600k and get better cooling for overclocking

2 minutes ago, Paula_The_Butter_Fairy said:

You can get windows for 20$ on kingwin.com  and you might want to go down to an i5 7600k and get better cooling for overclocking

Evo 212 is enough, He can Upgrade the fan in the future. The Heatsink is good enough.

2 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

Evo 212 is enough, He can Upgrade the fan in the future. The Heatsink is good enough.

Yeah, but with 1800$ he could do a little better like a cryorig h7 or even an AIO

12 minutes ago, Atra1n2 said:

A GTX 1060 & a 144hz Monitor pairing don't really make sense. That card will not run 144 fps on triple a titles.

A 1060 will do just fine with a 1080p 144Hz. That's what I'm running right now and I can game at high to ultra settings in most titles very well indeed. If aiming for 144FPS though, definitely get a 1070.

The rest of the build looks good. As others have already stated, the motherboard has built in wifi, so don't get a wifi card for obvious reasons.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

Just now, Paula_The_Butter_Fairy said:

Yeah, but with 1800$ he could do a little better

Well subtract the cost of Peripherals, the pc is about 1200$. Even so, he should get a better case and fans....

4 minutes ago, Paula_The_Butter_Fairy said:

The i5s don't really clock any better than the i7s so that would just be a waste of time unless he is trying to save money, in which case it would be a better idea to look at Ryzen.

18 minutes ago, Ajcheech said:

The OP doesn't need thermal paste since the CPU cooler comes with its own. I personally would recommend a be quiet Pure Rock or a Cryorig H7 instead of 212 evo. Both coolers perform better for the same price.

PSU is kind of overkill, but couldn't really hurt unless budget is a concern.

The case that the OP chose is not known for its ease to work in. It is rather cheaply made, has little room for cable management and somewhat restrictive airflow.

Don't use any external drive, get an internal hard drive instead since they are pretty much the same price.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Paula_The_Butter_Fairy said:

Thats what I had said but look at my current build for proof that 1200$ can go far. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q3b9LD

Thats not a 1200$ pc build... Thats about a $900 pc. In addition, Look at benchmarks, its not going to make a world of a difference with a 7700 or a 6700, unless he wants silence (he could get a better fan for the 212 evo or another cpu cooler for around the same price).

1 minute ago, Lethalmonk said:

Thats not a 1200$ pc build... Thats about a $900 pc. In addition, Look at benchmarks, its not going to make a world of a difference with a 7700 or a 6700, unless he wants silence (he could get a better fan for the 212 evo).

then 900$ goes a long way......