Screen tearing in 60fps youtube

linnoff

So I've been having this problem for the last few months, and have yet to find a solution.

When I watch youtube videos in full screen at any of the 60fps resolution options I get substantial screen tearing. Usually this is in the form of a horizontal line about half way down the screen. This does not happen while in theater mode or in any of the 30fps resolution options.

I have a gtx 980 with the latest drivers, running windows 10 with the latest updates, and I have experience this problem in chrome, firefox, and edge. I am running the latest drivers and updates, and this problem has existed on previous driver versions as well.

Unfortunately I have been unable to get a screen cap of the issue, does this mean it's my monitor? Is there a way to test this? Why would it only appear in this particular scenario?

I have an Asus PB258 1440p IPS monitor.

Have you checked to see that the display is running at 60hz? sounds like it might only be running at 30 if it doesnt tear at 30.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

according to NVIDIA control panel it is running at 60fps, and there isn't even an option for any other refresh rate

Monitor settings.jpg

Does this happen with all browsers? I had a similar issue about a year ago and it was only firefox that was doing it. Also make sure that all of cables are securely connected to the monitor and gpu.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

It happens in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, I haven't bothered to download any other browsers, but yes, it seems to. The displayport cable seems secure (cannot be removed without holding down the release tab)