Replaced SSD

Lethalmonk

Hey, 

I have a Sony Laptop that i recently replaced its hardrive with an SSD for several reasons. After installing, the computer still seems to be very slow while the battery dies quickly and fan is blazing. I highly doubt its the battery as the laptop has been kept well and it shouldnt have even reached its end yet any time soon(the laptop hasnt been used that much over the years) .The computer stutters etc. I understand its a low quality laptop but its preform well below its standard preformance (browsing etc). What should i do?

Also, there was a cache drive inside when i opened inside. I left it alone. Should i have done something with it?

The SSD just helps general use. The battery is just a degraded battery (normal) and stuttering is most likely from heat issues. Laptops for the most part are poorly designed and from factory have bad thermal paste. You can replace the TIM but with the Vaio it just won't help more than decreasing temps by 1-5c.

For the cache drive, run the Intel Smart Response software to re-setup the cache drive (will help with speed a little if setup)

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I hope your SSD is a reliable brand one, and if you bought it used it may come with some problem (rarely). The fan going crazy is because of the heat. It's designed to spin slower on lower temperatures, and when they go high the speed increeses. If you can, open the laptop, clean it from dust and change the thermal paste on the CPU.

10 minutes ago, ttam said:

The SSD just helps general use. The battery is just a degraded battery (normal) and stuttering is most likely from heat issues. Laptops for the most part are poorly designed and from factory have bad thermal paste. You can replace the TIM but with the Vaio it just won't help more than decreasing temps by 1-5c.

For the cache drive, run the Intel Smart Response software to re-setup the cache drive (will help with speed a little if setup)

The batter is prob not the problem, the laptop has barely been used to Reach at least half the batteries life span at most. Will coolermasters 212 evo stock thermal paste be sufficient enough and I'll try the Intel software, thanks for the advice! I'll tell you how it goes.

3 minutes ago, tropicano said:

I hope your SSD is a reliable brand one, and if you bought it used it may come with some problem (rarely). The fan going crazy is because of the heat. It's designed to spin slower on lower temperatures, and when they go high the speed increeses. If you can, open the laptop, clean it from dust and change the thermal paste on the CPU.

The SSD is a Samsung 850 evo... I already clean the dust with an air compressor etc. Will the coolermaster 212 evo the email paste be good enough? Thanks.

Did you do a fresh install of Windows?

4 hours ago, Celios said:

Did you do a fresh install of Windows?

Yep, no bloatware etc