Randomly got very high ping in csgo

soar

I just got a new monitor and started to play csgo but it I'm getting like 500 ping and everything else is working on my iphone. But chrome is also kinda slower than usual. I think it may be the monitors fault but I'm not sure 

Nope, monitor won't do that.  The monitor is an output device.  Is there a pattern to the ping problems?  Do they only occur while playing CSGO or do they occur while playing another game too?  How about browsing?  Try resetting your router/modem.  Don't use the reset button on the back, just go ahead and unplug it for a couple of minutes.  Does the problem occur after restarting the PC?  Is it only a problem while in CSGO?

If the problem only occurs while playing CSGO, then check the internet settings within the game.  If all looks good there and the high ping still happens, then try unstalling/reinstalling the game.

If all else fails, try contacting your internet service provider and let them do a loop-back test on your router/modem to check if there are any problems with their lines.

Good Luck.

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

Nope, monitor won't do that.  The monitor is an output device.  Is there a pattern to the ping problems?  Do they only occur while playing CSGO or do they occur while playing another game too?  How about browsing?  Try resetting your router/modem.  Don't use the reset button on the back, just go ahead and unplug it for a couple of minutes.  Does the problem occur after restarting the PC?  Is it only a problem while in CSGO?

If the problem only occurs while playing CSGO, then check the internet settings within the game.  If all looks good there and the high ping still happens, then try unstalling/reinstalling the game.

If all else fails, try contacting your internet service provider and let them do a loop-back test on your router/modem to check if there are any problems with their lines.

Good Luck.

I think it is my wifi adapter is messed up if you know about that then pls let me know but if not that it's ok my brother knows what he's doing he can help me later today

Try plugging your PC directly into the modem bypassing the router.  If the problem goes away, then thru process of elimination, the router is the problem.  Another thing you can check is whether or not there are any firmware updates needed for the modem or router.  If so, then go ahead and get those done first, then try again first trying the PC connected directly to the modem.

Good Luck